Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: \"Upgrade\" doesn\'t tell you how many new posts there are in a threa

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It shows me a yellow folder if that post is new, yes...but it was a hell of a lot easier to quickly scroll down a thread and see what posts were new by which ones were in BOLD . Does anyone not agree??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you guys are toalking about with the folders. It shows me in red numbers how many are unviewed. When I open the thread, they're bold just like before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's clear this up. I assume you're viewing in threaded mode right?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: \"Upgrade\" doesn\'t tell you how many new posts there are in a threa

[ QUOTE ]
Let's clear this up. I assume you're viewing in threaded mode right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Threaded mode? Who the hell does this? And why?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It shows me a yellow folder if that post is new, yes...but it was a hell of a lot easier to quickly scroll down a thread and see what posts were new by which ones were in BOLD . Does anyone not agree??

[/ QUOTE ]
All of us normal people who use flat mode do not agree/care. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I use flat mode, too...nothing is in in bold anymore...
Old 10-31-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use flat mode, too...nothing is in in bold anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]

what color scheme are you using? I use infopop2 and they're definitely bolded for me.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I use flat mode, too

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think I spent time trying to help you people. Flat mode is relatively fine.

How could it possibly matter if posts are bolded or not in flat mode? Since I was a threaded user before the upgrade, someone will have to explain how this would be a big deal.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:54 PM

The first time I logged in I had to fight with this. Now I don't. Close browser, re-open.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I use flat mode, too

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think I spent time trying to help you people. Flat mode is relatively fine.

How could it possibly matter if posts are bolded or not in flat mode? Since I was a threaded user before the upgrade, someone will have to explain how this would be a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, i have no idea which is "flat" and which is "threaded." I use it in "collapsed" mode if I just want to see what's new....if I'm reading a whole thread, I "open" it up so I can read them all without clicking on each post...so whichever one is "collapsed," that's the one I use.

And yes, I KNOW it says threaded or flat up top, but does it mean that the one you're in NOW is in flat or does it mean that you can click on "flat" and THEN you'll be in flat mode??

PLUS, the words "threaded" and "flat" do not describe very well either mode!

See my confusion?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 03:06 PM

You're using threaded. This is horrible, please stop.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're using threaded. This is horrible, please stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? I can't stand how you can't tell who is replying to who in the flat mode....at least in threaded, you can see the progression of replies...
Old 10-31-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: "Upgrade" doesn't tell you how many new posts there are in a threa [Re: Dids]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what you see in flat. Just look up at the "Re: Dids" part. You can even click on the link there to view the post if you're confused.