Heh, nice.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Boobs on your arm...

3. I really blew it.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: C overt perving

[ QUOTE ]
Heh. Good topic Jake.

I think some girls do it for reasons they'd rather not admit even to themselves and are not clear on their own motivations. Some probably do it just for fun to mess with your head. Some probably do it to give you a friggin clue finally. And some may do it just because they almost can't help themselves, just like as a guy sometimes it feels almost physically impossible not to touch a girl you're really attracted to and you can find any excuse and do it almost without noticing, like putting a hand on a shoulder, etc. A boobie sure beats a hand, though. I've noticed women doing something like this to me sometimes too, running a hand over my stomach. It starts as a light fingertip touch, maybe inquisitive or affectionate in a friendly way, then progresses to something else. Weird if it's a middle-aged office lady.

This is what makes me think a lot of it is just impulsive and unconscious. If they were quite aware of what they were doing, they'd be a lot more shocked than I am. The casual boob press, naughty as it is, has a certain deniability built into it, absurd though that is. I think many women have trouble being forward and are not exactly on the ball to what their feelings really are, but still have sexual desires, or just a need for physical contact, like any dude does. So "covert perving" is a way for them to express it whether they're fully conscious of it or not. I've had this kind of contact done to me by girls who didn't even like me, but just seemed really horny at the time.

I don't think there's one answer to this question, and it's different for every girl every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very accurate explanation.
I really wonder how come you know so much about woman beahvior.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. I really, really blew it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Heh. Good topic Jake.

I think some girls do it for reasons they'd rather not admit even to themselves and are not clear on their own motivations. Some probably do it just for fun to mess with your head. Some probably do it to give you a friggin clue finally. And some may do it just because they almost can't help themselves, just like as a guy sometimes it feels almost physically impossible not to touch a girl you're really attracted to and you can find any excuse and do it almost without noticing, like putting a hand on a shoulder, etc. A boobie sure beats a hand, though. I've noticed women doing something like this to me sometimes too, running a hand over my stomach. It starts as a light fingertip touch, maybe inquisitive or affectionate in a friendly way, then progresses to something else. Weird if it's a middle-aged office lady.

This is what makes me think a lot of it is just impulsive and unconscious. If they were quite aware of what they were doing, they'd be a lot more shocked than I am. The casual boob press, naughty as it is, has a certain deniability built into it, absurd though that is. I think many women have trouble being forward and are not exactly on the ball to what their feelings really are, but still have sexual desires, or just a need for physical contact, like any dude does. So "covert perving" is a way for them to express it whether they're fully conscious of it or not. I've had this kind of contact done to me by girls who didn't even like me, but just seemed really horny at the time.

I don't think there's one answer to this question, and it's different for every girl every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very accurate explanation.
I really wonder how come you know so much about woman beahvior.

[/ QUOTE ]

mslif.Blarg.Knows.Everything.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:45 PM

Whatever I do know is from having had so many female friends and roommates to talk about things with.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 PM

Can we address the logistics quickly? What are the chances that a girl doesn't notice her boobs are on you? How does it change with the amount of time they're there, clothing thickness, etc.?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is flagrant so why would she move if you acknowledge it? She knows her boobs are on your arm. You know her boobs are on your arm. She knows you know her boobs are on your arm. Seems silly to ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I see what you are getting at. There's an elephant in the room and something should be said. We need to establish a default line to use.
"Is it getting hooter in her or is it just me?"
"So I noticed you gave me the boob arm. Thank you."
"Hee hee heh heh. Boobies."
"If mammary serves I think I've seen you here before."

I don't know, I'm drowning here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried so hard not to laugh out loud at these. My mother was in the room and I didn't want her asking what I was laughing at. It didn't work.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:26 PM

I am willing to bet Blarg is good with the women. The more we know about how you girls think and act the easier it is to bang you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 10:18 PM

Well, it depends on the girl, the guy, and the situation. Forget things like thickness of clothing.

She could be just jerking you around for laughs and seeing if you'll spaz. She could be one of those who are so far gone she couldn't deal with any kind of subtle or open acknowledgement of what she's doing. She could be someone who wants you. She could be someone who doesn't want you, or at least not you specifically, but just wants human contact, especially of the male variety, and you happened to be in the room at the time and the least threatening alternative. Note that unfortunately you could also be the least threatening alternative because she has zero sexual desire for you at all. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Perverse? Sexually confused? Welcome to the Wild World of Women.

But if it's none of those negatively weird stories or her intent isn't completely plain, then we're onto the positively weird, the common plane of possible attraction.

If the arm boobage just lasts a couple seconds it's possible it's nothing, but women don't exactly throw their boobs around to ricochet off every passing stranger. They're often quite careful with their bodies and think about them even more than you do -- sometimes far, far more. Especially in relation to nearby males. (Good for a chuckle sometimes.) Or if it seems they're not being careful but still their body parts are winding up pressing into yours, that can be calculated too. But it's unremarkable for a friend to come into occasional weird contact without sweating it. Especially if it lasts only a few seconds, and doesn't happen repeatedly.

If it lasts long or seems to be happening a lot, she knows it's happening and is doing it on purpose, even if she wouldn't own up to it if you mentioned it or acknowledged it in some way. Whether she wants to really bring it to her full consciousness, or to your full consciousness, depends on the girl, your relationship thus far, and very specifically on your reaction. If you're comfortable with it and don't tense up or show much reaction, she might comfortably stay there for a while. In a way, you're accepting her violation of your private sexual space, as it were, and the idea of both her sexuality in general and of its aggression toward you in particular, thereby accepting her in toto to a fairly high degree, which can make her feel even more comfortable than she had to be to pop her boob into you, which could have been done on a pretty nervous and jerky spaz level of her own.

None of that needs to be on a conscious level. She may even be a little frustrated at the same time she's gratified by the ability to maintain such intimate contact with you for so long, and at her initiative, because women often have conflicting motives. She might desire initiative taking on your part in response that actually would embarass her or make her feel uncomfortable. At least if it happened right now, instead of later. That doesn't mean she doesn't on some level wish it would still happen. Just that she might not want to deal with it if it does. Girls are often all about conflicts and drama, just like guys are all about getting them to the space where they feel there are no conflicts or they are just into you enough that they don't care anymore, if they ever did or pretended to. (They might have wanted to bang you on sight.)

However, if she's not your type and you're not interested, be superbly gentle about it if you can. Don't break off the contact right away, as that will signal to them sexual rejection, and women can take that severely even if you do it well and no real hopes had had time to build up. Like the saying goes, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Guard your balls when passing on even a covert offer.

Don't hesitate to make her feel that her going outside the bounds is both cool and fairly unremarkable to you. The more comfortable you are with her sexuality, the more comfortable she will be with it. If you find reason to smile at her gently a little longer than usual next time, with a little greater quiet confidence and command, you'll both know or intuit the reason why, and nothing needs to be said. Nothing needed to be said to get you there in the first place. Things weren't operating on that level. Women want the men they like to succeed. Even if they aren't quite sure how to make it happen. Be glad she at least subconsciously took a dare she gave herself, and gave you the chance.