Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: quick update

Studying together in a car is beyond flirtatious.

What kind of look did she give you when you rubbed her shoulder? Was it like a near moaning look and a deep guttural "thaaaaanks"? Or did she instictively jerk away and muttered thanks just to cover up her obvious disgust?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:30 PM

Default On David\'s Line

From another thread by Sklansky:

If two people are both setting lines on some event there are four attributes I can see that could make A's line better than B's

1. He is smarter-more gifted at setting lines in general.

2. He is more knowledgeble-has studied more about the subject of setting lines in general.

3. He is more knowledgeable about the specific subject or event that the linemaking is addressing.

4. He is less biased about the subject.

Regardless of the subject being debated, if one linemaker is superior to another in three out of four of these things it almost always means that his line will be closer to the truth. If someone is superior in all four aspects, his line MUST be better.

[end]

My money's with David.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Don't use the phrase "the invalid.")

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that was hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff
Old 10-28-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only met two other men named Snowball, Snowball136 and Snowball137. Oddly, they both enjoyed depeche mode too. Strange planet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

The more I think about this, the more I think I'm right. Snowball isn't gonna make it on this one.

I'm sitting here at work and the smoking hot intern just walked up to our male intern coordinator. She complemented his shirt, giggled at one of his stupid jokes, touched his shoulder, and smiled at him. Sound familiar? It should. It's the same behavior Snowball describes.

Here's the rub: This dude is a complete turd. He is the last guy on earth Little Miss Intern Hottie would ever hook up with. Trust me.

So why all the flirtation? She wants something from him. She thinks he can help her with her career. It's how she gets ahead in life. I've seen her do it with other males, and she's great at picking out the ones who will shower her with attention.

I think the same thing is going on here with Snowball. He's apparently a sharp law student. Perhaps this woman is leaning on him for help in class. Or maybe she just likes the attention he gives her.

Bottom line is this: When a very attractive woman flirts with an average looking guy, the odds are overwhelming that she has ulterior motives. They might not necessarily be malicious, but they are usually selfish.

My offer stands. $100 says Snowball doesn't get up with the hot babe. Plenty of people here say otherwise. Who's willing to put his money where his mouth is?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So why all the flirtation? She wants something from him. She thinks he can help her with her career.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but even so this doesn't rule out the possibility of him scoring. Just imagine what he can do for her grades if she lets him boink her.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I think about this, the more I think I'm right. Snowball isn't gonna make it on this one.

I'm sitting here at work and the smoking hot intern just walked up to our male intern coordinator. She complemented his shirt, giggled at one of his stupid jokes, touched his shoulder, and smiled at him. Sound familiar? It should. It's the same behavior Snowball describes.

Here's the rub: This dude is a complete turd. He is the last guy on earth Little Miss Intern Hottie would ever hook up with. Trust me.

So why all the flirtation? She wants something from him. She thinks he can help her with her career. It's how she gets ahead in life. I've seen her do it with other males, and she's great at picking out the ones who will shower her with attention.

I think the same thing is going on here with Snowball. He's apparently a sharp law student. Perhaps this woman is leaning on him for help in class. Or maybe she just likes the attention he gives her.

Bottom line is this: When a very attractive woman flirts with an average looking guy, the odds are overwhelming that she has ulterior motives. They might not necessarily be malicious, but they are usually selfish.

My offer stands. $100 says Snowball doesn't get up with the hot babe. Plenty of people here say otherwise. Who's willing to put his money where his mouth is?

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding. ladder theory 101.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Whats the best way to read women?

[ QUOTE ]
"I really want to learn latin. We should take latin together!"

[/ QUOTE ]

This tipped the scales for me. Latin?? Please. Get in there and take care of business, son. Don't listen to some of these humps who say you're in the friend zone. Even if you technically are at the moment, you can extricate yourself. Get to work.

PS I double dare you to post this in OOT.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:04 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The end of all seriousness in this thread if this should happen
Old 10-28-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The end of all seriousness in this thread if this should happen

[/ QUOTE ]

The seriousness ship sailed when a few posters suggested he whip his tallywhacker out.