Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Shrooms

[ QUOTE ]
When are you guys going to realize that with drugs there is no effect without the side effect? Take this from a guy who works in pharma.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

and>?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I can tell you that my uncle died on the toilet of a homeless shelter a few years back after a lifetime of using these drugs. Oh yeah, he was only 42. My grandfather went the same way.
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

What other drugs were they on besides shrooms? The body builds a tolerance to mushrooms pretty quickly, so you really can't do them all too often anyway. Therefore, I can't help but think they had to have been doing some other, more nefarious, drugs in the meantime...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:29 PM

and? and ur dumb ass should think before using drugs for fun that's what. your brain is the only thing of real value that you have in this world, everything else can be taken away. Why fry it for a little fun?

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 01:30 PM

Yah they were doing other drugs for sure. My uncle started sniffing glue in the 7th grade, dropped out of school and used a variety of drugs throughout life. Part of the reason that I won't even smoke weed is because of the memories of visiting my uncle in prison as a kid.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah they were doing other drugs for sure. My uncle started sniffing glue in the 7th grade, dropped out of school and used a variety of drugs throughout life. Part of the reason that I won't even smoke weed is because of the memories of visiting my uncle in prison as a kid.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to vote cocaine "most likely to make your heart explode at 42"
Old 09-19-2005, 01:57 PM

I don't know that he used coke that much. He was stealing doctor's prescription pads and hitting up the local pharmacy for drugs, that i do know.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you drink coffee? Alcohol? Smoke? Take the occasional tranquilizer or virtually anything else? Ask the doctor for antibiotics when you should just let your cold cure itself in a couple more days? Like most people, bombard the body with far more sugar and salt than is healthy?

If so, welcome to the rest of the planet. The percentage of people who don't put some serious garbage into their body unnecessarily is vanishingly small.

That we choose to demonize some instead of others just shows that not only are we very self-indulgent, but we're total hypocrites, too.

Worse, the sloppy thinking that demonizes some drugs and foods while normalizing others of equal or worse effect helps draw people into drugs in the first place, because mixing consistent and transparent lying in with good advice makes one properly question whether any of the advice is good, and how much is ridiculously exaggerated or even an outright lie. "Just say NO" hysteria profoundly undermines the ability of any drug awareness material to work, since it simply replaces awareness with unawareness and silence. Meanwhile, kids who wonder whether they should take a drug and which one have no real guidance because the adults are congratulating themselves on their own hypocrisy and competitive one-upsmanship about who's purer than thou.

That shows how much we REALLY care about our kids -- not much at all. Shamefully little.

If we really cared, we'd give them the straight dope -- real info, not panic stories and fabrications.

And we would be examples ourselves instead of proof that we're all full of crap. If you want your kids not to take drugs, get the hell off them yourself -- dump the boozing, the caffeine, the enormous amounts of sugar, the tranquilizers, the prozac or whatever drug-of-the-month club chemical you yourself are imbibing. We've got the most incredibly drugged up society in the world, and we still have the nerve to tell our kids that marijuana has no effect on glaucoma, and will lead them to heroin?

If we're going to care about drug use, or about our kids, we have to do it for real by not being so full of sh*t and speaking plainly, not using drug issues as a proxy for societal values like conformity and willingness to imprison others.

I'm not a druggie myself, but sniffing glue and smoking weed shouldn't ever be mixed together conceptually unless you're willing to similarly bundle together drinking beer and taking PCP.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:21 PM

I drink coffee to wake up so I can be productive. Here I am talking about using drugs to get a kick. There's no real reason to use the drug.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know that he used coke that much. He was stealing doctor's prescription pads and hitting up the local pharmacy for drugs, that i do know.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to get back on topic, they don't have shrooms at the pharmacy. My point in starting all of this was that shrooms are a relatively harmless drug if you are mentally capable of handling them to begin with. Shrooms (or weed for that matter) are not what's going to make your heart explode at 42...that's all.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:32 PM