Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Pokershare- new poker site.

[ QUOTE ]
so is everyone basically waiting to signup with a rakeback right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much
Old 08-24-2005, 04:55 PM

i also registered and have played on pokershare since 8/19 and i still cannot connect to the website to check my pokershare points...

and on my email it says "pokershare validation code" so according to the pokershare guy i should be part of their network right?
Old 08-25-2005, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i also registered and have played on pokershare since 8/19 and i still cannot connect to the website to check my pokershare points...

and on my email it says "pokershare validation code" so according to the pokershare guy i should be part of their network right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi guys,

We know that there are a lot of people who can’t login into the MyShare section of the website at the moment. This is something we are working on at the moment, we know what the problem is and we know how to fix it, it is just going to take time. All the information is there, however, you can’t see it yet and some of you will not even be able to log on.

I have been assured by our tech team that this will be live and fully working from Friday evening (EST) at the latest.

I am really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, we are doing our best to resolve the issue.

All the best

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager at PokerShare
Old 08-25-2005, 07:26 AM

sharing profits with US players ..I see no mention of the possible illegality of this for US players. How can you take US players..where's the loophole?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sharing profits with US players ..I see no mention of the possible illegality of this for US players. How can you take US players..where's the loophole?

[/ QUOTE ]

The players become a beneficiary of the PokerShare trust which holds 40% of the physical shares in issue. So you have all the benefits of being a shareholder with out any of the hassle.

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager for PokerShare
Old 08-25-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight. We can signup through an affiliate, get rakeback, AND earn points via the ownership program, which eventually pays us dividends? Have I summed this up correctly?

If so, when does their affiliate program begin?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The players become a beneficiary of the PokerShare trust which holds 40% of the physical shares in issue. So you have all the benefits of being a shareholder with out any of the hassle.

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager for PokerShare

[/ QUOTE ]

you can buy stock in another country's exchange for something that is not legal in the US...same thing.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight. We can signup through an affiliate, get rakeback, AND earn points via the ownership program, which eventually pays us dividends? Have I summed this up correctly?

If so, when does their affiliate program begin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, looks that way.

The affiliate program starts as soon as possible according to Max, he claims tomorrow, I suspect Monday based on Murphy's Law.

I have no connection with Pokershare, beyond emailing him with this question a few days ago - got a reply this morning, or yesterday.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:23 AM

I'm intrigued by Pokershares concept to share with their player base. Not only the 40% share of profits, but also an equal share if they float or are bought out.

[ QUOTE ]
PokerShare.com Joins UltimateBet on Excapsa Poker Network
18-08-05
The online poker business is about to be revolutionised. PokerShare.com announced that it has joined the Excapsa Poker Network, which includes top sites such as UltimateBet.com and UltimatePoker.com. PokerShare.com is taking online poker to a new level by sharing in their company’s profits with loyal players – a first in the history of online gaming.

With a combined customer base of over 1 million players, the Excapsa poker network allows PokerShare.com to launch their site with the critical mass needed to be successful in today’s competitive marketplace. Through UltimateBet, the poker network has earned a reputation with recreational and professional poker players as one of the best on the net.

The launch of PokerShare.com initiates a brand new concept in online poker. PokerShare.com will distribute a share of its profits to players whether they win or lose games. PokerShare.com shares 40% of any profits with its players, which means that they will return 40% of any profits directly to players’ accounts. Not only that, if PokerShare.com floats on the stock exchange or is sold, players will also participate in the windfall.

“It is a young, smart and energetic group of avid online gamblers that started Playit Ownit Limited, the company behind PokerShare.com,” according to the group’s chairman, Mr Stephen Forsyth. “The team devised the share concept keeping in mind what they wanted as online gamblers.”

“The share concept means that no player is ever a loser at PokerShare.com,” said CEO Lucan Toh. “As online gamblers ourselves we want to give something back to our players, so it isn’t just wagering for profit, but an investment.”

Excapsa CEO, Jim Ryan said, “We look to license our product to innovative groups like PokerShare.com who bring fresh ideas to the online poker arena. And, by leveraging our established network, PokerShare.com has a head start over other entrants into this market.”

For further information about PokerShare.com, please contact:

Lyceum Media

Inka Ikonen / Larry Colcy

+44 (0) 207 828 6988 / +1 (604) 685 6240

Inka@LyceumMedia.com / Larry@lyceummedia.com

Notes to the Editor:

About PokerShare.com (www.PokerShare.com)

Play it, Own it. PokerShare.com is the world’s first online poker room to offer its users the opportunity to own a percentage of the company’s profits. PokerShare.com Limited (UK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PlayIt OwnIt Limited. PokerShare.com is powered by Excapsa, one of the largest online poker networks, which includes top sites such as UltimateBet.com and UltimatePoker.com.

How the player ownership concept works

When you play on PokerShare.com you earn SharePoints from the length of time you play, to the number of pots you contribute and from tournament fees. SharePoints entitle you to a percentage of the company’s profits.

40% of the company is owned by a Gibraltar-based Trust, with the other 60% held by its partners and principals. The points are held by the Trust, which distributes dividends to players, depending on the number of SharePoints earned, each quarter based on the company's overall profit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-26-2005, 02:26 AM

Saw this about Pokershare also.

[ QUOTE ]
Playit Ownit Management Team Revolutionises Online Poker
24-08-05
Behind every groundbreaking new idea is a bright entrepreneurial management team, and PokerShare.com is no exception. Playit Ownit Limited was founded earlier this year with the launch of PokerShare.com is expected to propel into the top 10 list of online poker sites.

PokerShare.com is led by CEO Lucan Toh and Director Max Wright and backed by Mr. Stephen Forsyth and his associates. Lucan Toh left Procter & Gamble in 2004 to join ICC PLC and he currently sits on the board of Library of Life PLC and TFK Investments Ltd. Max Wright, an ex-City Trader from UBS Warburg and Van Der Moolen, brings his wealth of poker knowledge with his solid mathematics and financial background.

Mr. Stephen Forsyth, Chairman of Playit Ownit Limited is the driving force behind an extensive repertoire of companies that spans over 30 countries, including several ventures in gaming. Forsyth believes this is the future of online poker: “Our concept is clear-cut and built for the players with their needs in mind. PokerShare fills a gap that no other serious poker site has and is going above and beyond standard loyalty schemes.”

PokerShare.com will operate as a normal poker website – with a significant twist. It will release 40 percent of its company’s overall profits back to the players. When you play on PokerShare.com you earn SharePoints from the length of time you play, the number of pots you play and from playing in tournaments. SharePoints then relate to the total percentage of the profit share you receive.

“Dividends paid to players will be divided quarterly depending on each player’s participation on the site, rewarding players that play most regularly with the largest share of the profits. To ensure fairness, the Gibraltar-based PokerShare Trust has been established to administer payments to players. It’s a concept expected to hold strong appeal with high end users looking to be rewarded for their loyalty,” explains PokerShare Trust Chairman Stefan Taylor.

PokerShare.com is led by CEO Lucan Toh and Director Max Wright and backed by Mr. Stephen Forsyth and his associates. Lucan Toh left Procter & Gamble in 2004 to join ICC PLC and he currently sits on the board of Library of Life PLC and TFK Investments Ltd. Max Wright, an ex-City Trader from UBS Warburg and Van Der Moolen, brings his wealth of poker knowledge with his solid mathematics and financial background.

The PokerShare Trustees include; Stefan Allesch Taylor, Chairman of PokerShare Trust. Stefan has served as a director of several public companies both in the UK and US; British-born Alan Gravett progressed through the ranks of Barclays Bank Trust Company Ltd to become Managing Director in 1985; and Howard Moss, who has served as a trustee to several family trusts and as director of numerous companies representing investor’s interests in the chemical, property and technology sectors

[/ QUOTE ]