Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: A new theory on Negraneau challenge matches

So what we can gather from this...

(1) Daniel Negreanu has failed to satisfy your burden of proof on being a world class player. I bet he is losing sleep over that one.

(2) Any evidence that can be supplied to support this is questionable because of its source, and therefore worth nothing.

(3) The fact that Negreanu had an alcohol problem and burned through a ton of cash playing drunk several years ago means he probably isnt very good at playing sober poker today.

You have clearly made up your mind on these points, so lets all just accept the fact that these are your beliefs, and move on.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't see how he could make much more of an hourly in my limit than me. espceially since he plays too many hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is his flops seen % at 15/30? His PFR% at 15/30? Clearly if you know he is playing too many hands you have these numbers available.

There are two ideas you should consider.

(1) You are talking out of your rear and have no idea how DN plays limit hold'em in a cash game setting.

or

(2) You have no idea how 1000/2000 and 2000/4000 games are played. It is very possible given the styles at the table that a slightly looser style is correct.

Please feel free to correct me by supplying some hard data (for example, numbers) or your own first hand stories of playing with DN at 15/30 or playing with DN at 1000/2000 + that dispute my two statements above.

Otherwise, you can sit here and say that DN is too loose to win at LHE until the cows come home. You are basing that on pure speculation.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:24 PM

We aren't getting any furhter now. I amde my points. You can choose to admit they are valid points to at least consider or you can deny and beleive what you want. You are entitled to that. And i'm entitled to my opinion as well. Enjoyed talking to you. lets move on.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 PM

I didn't say sklansky, cooke, and malmuth are world class. If i did say that or led you to believe that i didn't mean to. I just said i think they are better limit holdem players than daniel. And i can't prove it. just my guess. The reason is i have heard them discuss poker and think they know what there talking about. And because they have been playing live for many years and consistently beat limit holdem games. And propabably never had a losing year(and if they did i doubt it was a big loss for the year). When i say big loss i mean the losses danny has encountered. Of losing hundreds of thousands of dollars. While they were winning danny was losing. Thats why.

I don't know who should be consedered world class. I just doubt its daniel for the reasons i mentioned. I think Lenny Martin might be world class in limit holdem. Yet he doesn't play in the big game so will be considered not as good as daniel.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:47 PM

I always said it was speculation. I can't prove anything. All i can prove is he has blown big bakrolls playing live. But you calling him a great live player is also specultion. Or have you been playing with him in the ultra high games?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Is Citanul Serious? Troll not = insult.

Jen didn't win fortunes playing tournies and then blow them. Going up and down in limits and blowing a fortune are 2 very different things. And according to barry she is not one of the best players in there game so i don't know why you would use her.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:55 PM

As I mentioned in a previous post Negreanu is getting $3.5 million for a year at the Wynn... for which he has to be there at least 235 days of the year. This is what a person who read the same mag Granny read told me.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:17 PM

I think he is loose. Not an image at all. At least in tournaments. As ive seen him loose on tv. Live may be different. But when he has said he is anti book tight guy or whatever he has referred to tournies and he plays as loose as he says.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:30 PM

They coulda ot Scotty Ngyuen for free. Just give him free coronas and a good view at the cocktail waitresses and.... "it would be all over baby!" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 08:43 PM

Tournaments are very different than cash games, as you have said many times. Success (and play style) in one doesnt impute the same in the other.