Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 06:52 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Chirping

[ QUOTE ]
just had my fist ever royal... in 2+ years of serious poker... at crunchster's expense

oh and among my top priorities is never to show up another poker player. we all get lucky and we all take beats. never show up your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet! congrats. Stan said he wasn't going to let you hear the end of the A/A vs. Q/Q debacle. I mean, c'mon, what WERE you thinking? Pushing all-in pre-flop and short-stacked with A/A? Don't you know that's the easiest way to get sucked out on?

The correct move is to limp and fold against my Q/Q re-raise.

My top priority is to win money, make good decisions and good reads, and continue studying the game and improving/learning.

Still, your priority has its merits as well. You had a great hand and I got lucky like a sum n' bitch. I should've finished in 3rd place when my 10/10 ran into Ghazbans K/K, but that wasn't the case. His location now says "outplaying Grandgnu", heh heh
Old 06-05-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Central Mass 2+2 Challenge Two-The Suckout Masters Strike Back

[ QUOTE ]

The hand that crippled me was against Ilya.

I held A/8 of hearts. Flop was 2h/3h/Kc. I bet the pot. ilya raised 2x the pot. He had been playing it pretty tight to this point. It was a good spot for him to bluff, if that's what he was up to. I decided to semi-bluff call [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Turn was the Qc. I checked, thinking Ilya would either check it through or push (the pot was something like 4K or so). Instead, he only bet half the pot, which seemed too enticing a bet for me to call. I decided he had the goods and I laid it down. Rabbit hunting was the Kd, so I was no good anyway. I was down to 3K. A solid 50 minutes of 92, 83, and K5 limited my options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dan,

The hand was a little different, if I remember correctly. It was a very scary hand for me.
Dan raised to 300 in the CO (5-handed) with 50/100 blinds. I called on the button with QdJd. The blinds folded, and the flop came 2h3hQc. Dan bet out 500 and I raised him to 1300(1500? 1900? I'm not sure) planning to throw up if he pushed. He flat-called and the turn brought the Kc. Dan checked quickly and I went into the tank. There was about 3500-4000 in the pot and my stack was only a little larger than that. My thought process was roughly, "uhhhhhhhhhhh. hmmmmm. eh? ugh. gaaaaahhhh!" Very sophisticated. It's possible that Dan got worried about my brain getting caught in an infinite logic loop, because eventually he called time. As AJ counted down the seconds, I wondered what I would do when the count got down to 3 or 2. Perhaps my subconsious figured something out in those last few moments, because just as the time was about to run out I heard myself saying "Bet." 2000 seemed like a good amount, strong enough to dissuade draws and yet perhaps small enough to convince a slighly better hand to fold, thinking I wanted action. I had little idea about what I would do if Dan raised or called & bet the river, so I was immensely relieved when after a few seconds he threw his cards into the muck pile. As it turns out, I was indeed ahead -- but I can't say that I'm happy about the level of my thought processes in this hand.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:11 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Dan,

The hand was a little different, if I remember correctly. It was a very scary hand for me.
Dan raised to 300 in the CO (5-handed) with 50/100 blinds. I called on the button with QdJd. The blinds folded, and the flop came 2h3hQc. Dan bet out 500 and I raised him to 1300(1500? 1900? I'm not sure) planning to throw up if he pushed. He flat-called and the turn brought the Kc. Dan checked quickly and I went into the tank. There was about 3500-4000 in the pot and my stack was only a little larger than that. My thought process was roughly, "uhhhhhhhhhhh. hmmmmm. eh? ugh. gaaaaahhhh!" Very sophisticated. It's possible that Dan got worried about my brain getting caught in an infinite logic loop, because eventually he called time. As AJ counted down the seconds, I wondered what I would do when the count got down to 3 or 2. Perhaps my subconsious figured something out in those last few moments, because just as the time was about to run out I heard myself saying "Bet." 2000 seemed like a good amount, strong enough to dissuade draws and yet perhaps small enough to convince a slighly better hand to fold, thinking I wanted action. I had little idea about what I would do if Dan raised or called & bet the river, so I was immensely relieved when after a few seconds he threw his cards into the muck pile. As it turns out, I was indeed ahead -- but I can't say that I'm happy about the level of my thought processes in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still absolutely loved the hand where you were the SB with K/Q and just limped against my BB of J/7 SOOTED! The flop was 10/9/rag and you checked. I told you I was just on a draw so I would check too.

Then the 8 on the turn and I told you I had to bet because I made my draw. You were considering for quite awhile about calling.

I figured your hand was strong enough that you might be able to outdraw me if you stuck around, but when you didn't call immediately I was pretty sure my hand was best (since only Q/J could beat me at that time)

Was hoping you had the ignorant end of the straight and would stick around, ah well.

Anyway, it was a great time and lots of exciting hands and great plays.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His location now says "outplaying Grandgnu", heh heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Best. Open. Fold. Ever. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His location now says "outplaying Grandgnu", heh heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Best. Open. Fold. Ever. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be outplaying me, but I'm outdrawing you, and in the end, that's what mattered the most. Well played though, ya certainly almost had me. Next time my friend....next time.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I still absolutely loved the hand where you were the SB with K/Q and just limped against my BB of J/7 SOOTED! The flop was 10/9/rag and you checked. I told you I was just on a draw so I would check too.

Then the 8 on the turn and I told you I had to bet because I made my draw. You were considering for quite awhile about calling.

I figured your hand was strong enough that you might be able to outdraw me if you stuck around, but when you didn't call immediately I was pretty sure my hand was best (since only Q/J could beat me at that time)

Was hoping you had the ignorant end of the straight and would stick around, ah well.

Anyway, it was a great time and lots of exciting hands and great plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet 400 on the flop after I checked and I called. Turn was the 8 as you say and I checked again. You bet 800 and I check-raised to 1900. You promptly put me all-in. I folded....
Ok so at least I'm good at *remembering* hands!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dan bet out 500 and I raised him to 1300(1500? 1900? I'm not sure) planning to throw up if he pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who would have liked to see this?

Dan: Reraise!
Ilya: *Blech*
Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dan bet out 500 and I raised him to 1300(1500? 1900? I'm not sure) planning to throw up if he pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who would have liked to see this?

Dan: Reraise!
Ilya: *Blech*

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh heh. I still have to play that pesky Russian in chess.........
Old 06-07-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Central Mass 2+2 Challenge THREE: Return Of The Donk-Eye

Anyone willing to host the third event?