Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Making $150/day playing poker

"Playing a tight game almost always loses at low limits"

This does not seem correct. If anything it has been my experience that tight aggresive is what gets the money in these lower limit games. The bigger games are where you want to loosen up.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Playing a tight game almost always loses at low limits"

This does not seem correct. If anything it has been my experience that tight aggresive is what gets the money in these lower limit games. The bigger games are where you want to loosen up.

[/ QUOTE ]

His entire post does not seem correct.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His entire post does not seem correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

His entire post is completely wrong.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:30 PM

I noticed a few cowardly responses. Mostly from people who are barely capable to provide an answer longer than 1 line. I grew up with dog scum like this. You might be effective within your own kennel. However, when you actually appear beyond the world of beer swigging and squatting like a dog, you'll find there are people who are not so cowardly as you and your cronies. I one-line invalidation comment. Fart............................ There. I think you'll understand that. Someday, when you're in a real forum where information that is presented, right or wrong, sets the bar for a discussion. Obviously, you're no mental giant. So, I'll expect a one line response. Perhaps you can provide a picture of someone giving the finger. You're cleaverness is next to communicating with a drooling, old man with snot running out his nose, who is trying to put his hand up your sister's dress. Hmmm, after a little reflection, I think I may have pegged who you are. What a crew! Yep, if man was meant to fly, he'd have wings. Or white people is in charge around here! Yes, I think you are coming through very clear. I'm am very sure that you don't have the courage to make any of your ideas into theories or approaches, or even simple ideas and publish them. In fact, I'm going to say that the maximum you are capable of is a simple, ignorant reply. Buh-bye!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, you're no mental giant.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
cleaverness

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I one-line invalidation comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Or white people is in charge around here!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like irony too!

-Michael
Old 03-09-2005, 10:32 PM

ive been playing on PP for alil over 2 years now, and had to invest well over 1000$ jjsut to learn the basics of online poker

so my advise to you is to start off playing low limit games and prepare to lose some money

only time can improve your game... keep going at it and move to higher limit when you build up alil more experience.

and maby then u can make 150$ a day...
Old 03-09-2005, 10:47 PM

i lost about $300 before i had any clue what i was doing. then i deposited another $50 and haven't looked back since. i'm fairly confident i'm a winning player just not winning enough to really make it worthwhile as a job.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:59 AM

Hi, 'Nuts,

I hope you make your goal. It sounds like a tough row to hoe, to me.
In the fall, be sure to let us know how it went.
("How I spent my summer vacation...") [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bill C
Old 03-10-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i lost about $300 before i had any clue what i was doing. then i deposited another $50 and haven't looked back since. i'm fairly confident i'm a winning player just not winning enough to really make it worthwhile as a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only lost $300 learning to play poker, my hats off to ya. When I started almost 10 years ago I will never forget how much I went through. I easily lost close to $1000 or more my first month learning 2-5 hold em. Ouch. Over the years I have become what I would consider a winning player. What I mean by that, is I win more than I lose and I keep records to make sure it is happening.

I have never consider playing for a living or anything of that nature, but I do have a monthly goal I try to acheive playing poker. My goal is simple, I try to make $30 per day every day on the tables. It's small I know, but I have no problems doing it and it affords me to take my family on a vacation twice per year. I always log off as soon as I hit my goal, whether it take 10 minutes or 4 hours. I play only Pot Limit $25 and $50 fyi.

To get back to your original question about making $150 per day, I really think it depends on the player. If I wanted to do it, I have no doubt I could, I just don't have those goals right now. If you plan on playing online I would suggest no less than a 5-10 table for limit or go to pot-limit and no-limit.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:54 PM

If you're just a "student" of the game, you should probably invest in certain books such as the poker theory one by sklansky and really understand which hands are profitable in certain scenarios and is probably just gonna take a ton of discipline to stay within these guidelines. You should really start off at cheaper stakes such as 1/2 and see if you're actually capable rather than blowing a good amount at the 3/6 when you're still just learning. It's definitely possible but you hafta know all angles of the game to maximize your profit. And stick with limits, lesser swings than nl.