Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: watch a live cash game via internet right now.. this is funny

Today I got a chance to look inside the "control room" and see the production in action. The staff is working out the bugs and the 2+2 forum's suggestions are definitely taken to heart. Yesterday a lot of improvements were made to the lighting for the hole card cams so the correct hands should be up more often and with a greater degree of accuracy.

I just got home and it looks like Bart (sorry - don't know Bart's last name yet)is taking a turn in as a color commentator. Brad is a very good player and in the few minutes I've listened has provided some very professional and accurate commentary. He has a background in film and TV so he could very well be a good fit.

I'm working tomorrow and the $200 NL game is scheduled at 6:00 pm PST. I'll probably be busy doing other things but there is a chance I'll be able to play so you guys can watch me screw up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Regards,

Rick
Old 02-12-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Badugi sounds like an interesting game, but since these cameras are suited for holdem only, it's not to exciting to watch. Hopefully if they do another "big game" again, they'll stick to something like holdem/stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next Thursday night the plan is to have a $1000/$2000 limit holdem (or a holdem stud mix) game. Good chance Dr. Jerry Buss will play along with some other big names such as Ted Forrest.

Regards,

Rick
Old 02-12-2005, 03:24 AM

Caught the last half hour or so tonight and the coverage was much much better than the night before. Looking good, Bike..
Old 02-12-2005, 10:12 PM

The younger guy who is commentating right now is doing a pretty good job. Seems to know his stuff.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:09 PM

The last hour Friday and first hour so far today are the best coverage yet. The less Denny Williams talks, the better the program will become. They've also reduced the number of reads promoting various stuff, which is very helpful. They should assume that people who are actually watching the broadcast are a bit above novice though, and not have to dumb it down so much.

Another note, Bart needs to break out the thesaurus, since at least 2 out of 3 hands he says they're "interesting".
Kevin...
Old 02-13-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The younger guy who is commentating right now is doing a pretty good job. Seems to know his stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Bart Hanson. We played the 20/40 holdem earlier in the day and I learned he has done some broadcasting before.

~ Rick
Old 02-13-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They should assume that people who are actually watching the broadcast are a bit above novice though, and not have to dumb it down so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was similar to a point I made with one of my bosses today. Live At Bike may have it's best chance marketed as a "narrow-cast". In other words, assume the audience who is most likely to stay tuned in on a sustained basis is knowledgeable about or interested in poker strategy and would appreciate discussion of the fine points. Then advertise in the type of places likely to be frequented by such a person e.g., 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]
Another note, Bart needs to break out the thesaurus, since at least 2 out of 3 hands he says they're "interesting".

[/ QUOTE ]

I got his email address today and I'll forward a link to this post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 02-13-2005, 04:28 AM

The little time I got to tune in tonight, I enjoyed Bart. He seemed quick on his feet and if he did have previous experience, it showed. He was quick to point what cards each player held... and after that, he would review the hands that we could expect action from... pretty much predicting which players were going to face a conflict and how heavy the action may get between the two. He also touched on the thought process the players could be making while they pondered call/raise/fold.

Maybe you guys are on to something there with that combination... Bart could be the straight man, and the other guy could just pop in with jokes about food and how brutal certain players are playing... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tonight even further reminded me of the movie Best In Show. If you've ever seen it, I am sure you'd see the similarities. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 10:35 AM

What would be an interesting combination would be Bart and Shirley Rosario. She was the best of the previous three who did the bulk of the commentary. Denny was at his best last night, when he didn't have to go to the crutch of talking about food (especially Pink's hot dogs). It seems the best game to coverage for is the 200 NL game, as there's a lot more action and allins that generate good commentary.

I've seen Best in Show, but the only similiarity I've noticed is that Denny Williams would be the Fred Willard character. Could I be enlightened further?

Kevin...
Old 02-13-2005, 10:36 AM

Rick,

I have also done some (non-professional) broadcasting but think I could do a good job if you need someone else.

-Michael