Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Jennicide, hot or not?

[ QUOTE ]
until one of the attorneys carefully proofread my briefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

With your pics posted on-line, I think many have proofread your briefs. Sorry Jenn, but I couldn't resist that one, you kind of left the door wide open.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:17 AM

rofl funny!...if I could only go back to when I was 17, I really would have reconsidered my actions. Nothing I can do now though.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:21 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. They show more in a typical Victoria's Secret catalogue. Those pics are nothing to be ashamed about.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Yeah, clearly much older and wiser now.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:59 PM

I am an attorney, mainly specializing in real estate law, but also having a solid background in copyrights(I know more than you do, anyway) and I can tell you that you have no case. I see that you persuaded NeverWin to remove the pictures, and that was nice of him, but you most likely would have lost your case in court.

Copyright is NOT an iron-clad lock on what can be published. While it is true copyright law makes it technically illegal to reproduce almost any new creative work without permission, if the work is unregistered and has no real commercial value(and your pictures certainly don't have commercial value), it gets very little protection in a court of law. You could only sue for actual damages: in other words, actual money lost by you due to the pictures being published. But, as mentioned above, your work has zero commercial value, so you would not be able to recover actual damages.

Only an incredibly vindictive copyright owner would sue when there are no damages, and state and federal courts alike do not tend to look kindly upon lawsuits of this nature.

But, hey, nice try pretending to know what you are talking about. I remember when I was an undergraduate as well, and I interned in my district attorney's office. But I didn't pretend to be a know-it-all to impress everyone.

It's also important to point out that you are not capable of filing a lawsuit in court, considering that you are not admitted to the bar in ANY state. How do I know this? Because you haven't even been to law school.

And no lawyer in his right mind would take your shitty case.

But, hey, if you've managed to fool some people on here into thinking that you actually know what you are talking about, then good for you. Your day is complete. You can go back to sleep now, Ms. Brockovich.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am an attorney, mainly specializing in real estate law, but also having a solid background in copyrights(I know more than you do, anyway) and I can tell you that you have no case. I see that you persuaded NeverWin to remove the pictures, and that was nice of him, but you most likely would have lost your case in court.

Copyright is NOT an iron-clad lock on what can be published. While it is true copyright law makes it technically illegal to reproduce almost any new creative work without permission, if the work is unregistered and has no real commercial value(and your pictures certainly don't have commercial value), it gets very little protection in a court of law. You could only sue for actual damages: in other words, actual money lost by you due to the pictures being published. But, as mentioned above, your work has zero commercial value, so you would not be able to recover actual damages.

Only an incredibly vindictive copyright owner would sue when there are no damages, and state and federal courts alike do not tend to look kindly upon lawsuits of this nature.

But, hey, nice try pretending to know what you are talking about. I remember when I was an undergraduate as well, and I interned in my district attorney's office. But I didn't pretend to be a know-it-all to impress everyone.

It's also important to point out that you are not capable of filing a lawsuit in court, considering that you are not admitted to the bar in ANY state. How do I know this? Because you haven't even been to law school.

And no lawyer in his right mind would take your shitty case.

But, hey, if you've managed to fool some people on here into thinking that you actually know what you are talking about, then good for you. Your day is complete. You can go back to sleep now, Ms. Brockovich.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY
Old 01-21-2005, 01:13 PM

I forgot to add something: Please, don't go to law school. We already have enough sanctimonious attorneys.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, actually U.S. District Third Circuit for Social Security Disability Claims. The claim would have a hearing before an Adminstrative Law Judge, in the event the decision was denied, we filed the claim through the Appeals Council, if the ALJ's decision was not remanded or reversed, we would file an appeal through Third Circuit. I occassionally wrote the appellate briefs specifically if I did the general work up on the case. Of course the briefs were not submitted to the court until one of the attorneys carefully proofread my briefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

District third circuit? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There are federal district courts, and then there are federal circuit courts. There is a third district court in some larger states, and there is a federal THIRD circuit court, and a FEDERAL circuit court, but there is no third FEDERAL CIRCUIT district court.

Your B.S. shits B.S.

If you live in Delaware, as I see you do, then you have ONE district court in your state. You also have a third circuit appellate court which covers a few states(including Delaware) But that is an APPELLATE court. You don't sue someone in APPELLATE court, you sue them in a district court. APPELLATE courts are for APPEALS, hence the root word.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Man some of you guys need to get a life...n/m

Old 01-21-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am an attorney, mainly specializing in real estate law, but also having a solid background in copyrights(I know more than you do, anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm....Quite a mature man must I point out as well. Nevertheless, I tend to question your competence.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you misread many documents while reviewing your client's cases? I clearly stated that I am fully WILLING to take legal action in this matter. Does this mean I am on my way to the court to file a physical complaint? Obviously not. It simply means that I am willing to pursue this matter legally.

If you think that all I am trying to do is 'impress' everyone, why bother taking time out of your real estate practice? Truthfully, this matter should not be of any concern to you. I have already seeked legal counsel. If I had asked for legal advice, I would have posted a thread on a free advice forum.

Finally, to clear some more of your own misunderstandings up, Neverwin had nothing to do with this issue. I did not pursuade him to remove these pictures. He volunteered to have these pictures removed by his own request.