Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 12:03 PM

Default More content control on the WPT forum needed!

Why haven't people such as zaxx and desdina been banned yet? We need more active modding of these forums in order to keep the discussion constructive and positive.

The advice that Greg and people like him give on these forums are worth one thousand Desdinas. I frankly don't think that even a small chance that one of these idiots will offend a great poster is worth letting them stay.

If they start threads littered with general and baseless attacks against posters that actually contribute to this forum then they should be banned. This is a privately held messageboard, and as such the owners can decide who posts.

It's not that they should be banned for disagreeing, its that their participation on this forums actually decreases its value for the rest of us.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: GREG RAYMER= OVERATTED ON 2+2??

zaxx, you insult people's grammar quite frequently.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:46 PM

peoples' grammar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 12:47 PM

DO U HONOSTLY THINK I PRUFREAD EVRY POST BEFORE I POST IT. PLEEZ.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:53 PM

Default ZAXX - One Question - Same Question I\'ve already asked of you.

Seeing as I don't read this forum on the weekends and this is the first i've seen of it, I have one question. I tried to read through all of your posts in this thread and I'm fairly certain that you haven't addressed this yet.

EXACTLY how are you qualified to hold David Williams and Josh Arieh in higher regard then Greg? I, for one, cannot speak as to whether or not either of these players have higher or lower skill levels than Greg. I do, however, know that Greg is an exceptional player and am quite sure I'm in a position to make this statement having played with him on many different occations.

Please outline how you make these judgements, and please don't use your "results oriented" argument because we both know that argument has no merit because of the lack of participation that Greg has displayed. Also, please don't use the "I saw it on TV" defense since this has been widely discredited as well.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Peace

Goodie
Old 12-06-2004, 01:31 PM

It makes a difference, in the context of this thread, if Zaxx overrates Arieh because he is Jewish.

What in his post did zaxx write to indicate that Arieh's ethnicity had anything to do with it?

As I described earlier, there is really no objective basis for saying that Arieh is that much better than Fossilman.

I would argue that tournament success, despite the most recent WSOP, would indicate that Arieh is a much better player, but for all we know Arieh could be running well.

But I don't truthfully know enough results to make that judgement.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:51 PM

SilverSurfer,

[ QUOTE ]
but as he has generously offered sound advice for quite some time now and backed this up with wins/solid finishes in several large tournaments, I don't see why people shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used "finishes" in plural form. Do you mind explaining to me the several large tournaments in which Raymer finished solid in? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
...My problem is that you are a shameless troll. You post frequently on the MTT forum? No, you post obsessively on that forum, and half of it is incendiary drivel like this, littered with dude-speak, shouting matches, and enough grammatical and syntax errors to slay a horde of english teachers. For every intelligent thing you say, there are at LEAST 20 posts that make my eyes bleed

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read many of Zaxx19's posts in the MTT section and I for one have never seen any of the points you have mentioned, I only see advice for the people that ask for it.

However, if you wish to prove me wrong I would love to have a few links in which Zaxx does infact prove your point.

[ QUOTE ]
You have stated numerous times in other posts that you don't think Greg's play and results are up to par with the greats, and this is just another ham-handed, mean-spirited attack designed to jack up your post count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understand, there is a difference in knowledge of the game and results. Gregs knowledge on the game of poker is phynominal and he has been a big help on 2+2, Gregs results however(as of now) aren't up to par with the greats, so what's your argument?

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I'm not really interested in defending Greg;

[/ QUOTE ]

Read your post again my friend because this is definitaly a "diddly of a pickle" - Ned Flanders [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 02:41 PM

I'll make it all very clear when I get home, Synth. Got a lot to do here at work today. Can't fund my tournies if I get fired. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But quickly: someone posted his results in several large tournies in this very thread, and then there's the big one. I very clearly stated that Greg isn't one of the greats yet.

You must not see as many of his posts as I do. Seeing as how you asked, I'll quote a couple later. Consider yourself wrong in advance, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Lastly, (and I stated this as well) this is not about ball-washing for Greg. This is about another ludicrous Zaxx thread that annoyed me enough to rant for a bit. He could have asked the exact same question without being an ass.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: ZAXX - One Question - Same Question I\'ve already asked of you.

....Dont use results or what you have seen of their play ....this makes total sense in some dimension, which one is the real question.......

Of course I mentioned in the original posting that I believed both were superior players to Raymer in passing so it is kind of curious that 30% of the replies refer to this one particular point which took no central degree of importance in the original message. Id say another 30% refer to my ripping-bashing-denigrating of Greg Raymer none of which is actually found in the original post. 10% of the replies really dont even refer to the message just are somewhat generally negative. Id say perhaps 15-25% actually had some content in reference to the actual thread.
Kinda scary when you think about that people could get so worked up over content that never existed and-or they never bothered to actually read.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:18 PM

gamblor, you and slick should take this outside! by outside i mean politics forum of course [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

by the way, how much israeli pride can you feel for this guy? i mean you've read his posts right??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]