Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 02:32 PM

Default Re: The worst error I\'ve ever made in Poker...

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is played by one's self. Sex is played with others. Perhaps you have confused the two?

[/ QUOTE ]
Poker, Poke her. It's easy to get mixed up.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would you like to sit in a cardroom that allowed this where you're playing and everyone else gets a coach(s) behind them?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of thing that wouldn't be such a big deal if one player did it, but if everyone did it, it would be a disaster. So it is better to just say no one can do it.

Online you don't have problems like needing extra space and extra chairs in the card room, long delays as the player and coach try to confer privately, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
I stated above, likely the prime reason they don't have the rule online is because there is no way they could ever enforce it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent reason to not have a rule.

By not having this rule, it allows those who would have been honest enough to obey it the same option as those who would not be.

Now half the forum wants people to obey "rules" that aren't even in the rules.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not interested in cheating, I'm interested in becoming a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're "not interested" in cheating, then don't cheat. Discuss the hand afterwards on the forums here. You were clearly cheating here -- and it's not even close to a borderline case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... just because you put it in bold doens't make it so.

Diablo has already made this point- look at the TOS of any of the sites. It's not cheating. You might define it as unethical by YOUR standards, but that's not the point you're trying to make.

If you want to argue the ethics of this issue, fire away, but it is 100% fact that this is NOT cheating.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:35 PM

The person who i was talking to is a 2+2'er who shall remain unnamed. I understand the point you who think I am cheating are trying to make, but let's be reasonable. Some facts:

1) the person i was talking to was not sitting at/observing my table.

2) The way I posed the question was pretty open ended. "Do you like to 3-bet your nut flush when the board pairs?"

3) No player information or tendencies were discussed.

4) I enjoy playing poker and getting better at it, I would never intentionally break the rules of the game.

5) I have never changed my story or given you any reason to suspect I was guilty until proven innocent.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:28 PM

Default I retract

[ QUOTE ]

1) the person i was talking to was not sitting at/observing my table.

2) The way I posed the question was pretty open ended. "Do you like to 3-bet your nut flush when the board pairs?"

3) No player information or tendencies were discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I retract my accusation that you were cheating. I went to the PP site and reviewed all the rules and legalese I could find there. There is not a single mention of "one player per hand." As far as I can tell, even if the person had been observing your table, you still would not have violated any rules by discussing the hand with him (as long as he wasn't playing himself).

I apologize for erroneously assuming that the "one person per hand" rule applies to online poker as it does to B&M poker.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:23 PM

The worst error I have ever made (and still make on occasion), is thinking that the other players will use common sense to decide on how, and what, to play. Dumb.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]