Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: A REAL HOOT!

It is too bad that you seem unable to differentiate between attempted objective analysis, and bigotry.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Your Personal Attacks Are Getting Old

There really are no "issues" that have any merit. At least anything you have brought up. It has either been FALSE, WRONG, or analyzed at such a simplistic level that it is laughable. Your ignorance of the way airlines work, middle eastern culture, and practically every other silly thing you have brought up is astounding.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: A Higher Plane

Sorry, but you are wrong. I don't own a TV and hence rarely watch Fox.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:17 PM

There is nothing objective, nor analytical, in any of your weak positions that you post. Your attempts to differentiate have failed.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Terrorists Scouting Airplanes for New Attacks

[ QUOTE ]
Once again you show your cognitive defects.

I don't care what "other articles" say. You see, Fox News and its minions can repeat each other's lies ad infintium.

I choose to believe the FEDERAL MARSHALS on the flight, and the FEDERAL OFFICIALS that were quoted.

AND AGAIN YOU HAVE FAILED TO DISCOVER: The "proper documentation" lie. They had proper documentation. The FEDS screened them on landing and checked it all.

There was no phoney documents. There was no improper documentation. Repeat that a couple of times, you seem to have a problem with comprehension.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. So Federal Officials never lie. I can't see any reason why Federal Air Marshalls would be under pressure from their bosses to cover up anything that might have happened, can you? The only people who truly know were those on board.

If you wish to be led to the slaughter for the sake of political correctness, I have no quarrel with that. I for one will not hesitate to exit a plane where a group of Arab men board. When the Federal Govt that you trust so much allows airlines to take the measures that will make flying safe (Racial Profiling) I will relax this position somewhat.

I could care less if this makes me a racist by the way you define the word. I think you are a racist and hate people who think rational thoughts. Whether the woman on the plane was correct or not, if a group of Arab men behaved in this way on a flight you were taking and it did not bother you you must either be 1. Completely oblivious or 2. Certifiably insane.

BTW, Since GWB is a Federal Official, does that mean you believe everything he says as well?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Your Personal Attacks Are Getting Old

I'm glad you feel that way.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:46 PM

The passengers behaved in a manner just like all normal passengers behave.

The next attack won't be with an airplane. BIG SURPRISE!
Old 08-02-2004, 08:48 PM

"The passengers behaved in a manner just like all normal passengers behave."

The article cited in B-Man's title post in this thread contradicts your assertion:

"The men were seated throughout the plane pretending to be strangers. Once airborne, they began congregating in groups of two or three, stood nearly the entire flight, and consecutively filed in and out of bathrooms at different intervals, raising concern among passengers and flight attendants, Mrs. Jacobsen said.

One man took a McDonald's bag into the bathroom, then passed it off to another passenger upon returning to his seat. When the pilot announced the plane was cleared for landing and to fasten seat belts, seven men jumped up in unison and went to different bathrooms.

Her account was confirmed by David Adams, spokesman for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS), who said officers were on board and checked the bathrooms several times during the flight, but nothing was found. "The FAMS never broke their cover, but monitored" the activity, Mr. Adams said. "Given the facts, they had no legal basis to take an enforcement action. But there was enough of a suspicious nature for the FAMS, passengers and crew to take notice."

Note too that the federal official, David Adams, said the activities were of a suspicious nature.

Since you say you believe what FEDERAL OFFICIALS say, here is more from the same article:

"Flight crews and air marshals say Middle Eastern men are staking out airports, probing security measures and conducting test runs aboard airplanes for a terrorist attack.

At least two midflight incidents have involved numerous men of Middle Eastern descent behaving in what one pilot called "stereotypical" behavior of an organized attempt to attack a plane.

"No doubt these are dry runs for a terrorist attack," an air marshal said.

Pilots and air marshals who asked to remain anonymous told The Washington Times that surveillance by terrorists is rampant, using different probing methods.

"It's happening, and it's a sad state of affairs," a pilot said.
"

You next wrote:

"The next attack won't be with an airplane. BIG SURPRISE!"

Well maybe or maybe not. Anyway here is what a JANUARY FBI MEMO says:

"A January FBI memo says suicide terrorists are plotting to hijack trans-Atlantic planes by smuggling "ready-to-build" bomb kits past airport security, and later assembling the explosives in aircraft bathrooms. On many overseas flights, airlines have issued rules prohibiting loitering near the lavatory."

Also from the same article:

"A second pilot said that, on one of his recent flights, an air marshal forced his way into the lavatory at the front of his plane after a man of Middle Eastern descent locked himself in for a long period.

The marshal found the mirror had been removed and the man was attempting to break through the wall. The cockpit was on the other side.
The second pilot said terrorists are "absolutely" testing security. "There is a great degree of concern in the airline industry that not only are these dry runs for a terrorist attack, but that there is absolutely no defense capabilities on a vast majority of airlines," the second pilot said.
"
Old 08-02-2004, 08:51 PM

Any chance you used to go by the name "jokerswild"?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Please give me some facts to act upon.

"What is strange about ONE-WAY tickets? Whooops! the 9/11 hijackers used them. Wouldn't you think the real terrorists realizing what a red herring that now is would buy round trip tickets?"

One-way tickets are still regarded by airlines and TSA as one potential danger flag.

"ACTING STRANGELY? ACTING STRANGELY? Please give me some strange behavior. Their actions were all quite normal, except in the eyes of a hysterical woman."

Try rereading the original post by B-Man in this thread. Apparently you missed this, and missed the fact that federal officials concurred that it was strange behavior:

"The men were seated throughout the plane pretending to be strangers. Once airborne, they began congregating in groups of two or three, stood nearly the entire flight, and consecutively filed in and out of bathrooms at different intervals, raising concern among passengers and flight attendants, Mrs. Jacobsen said.

One man took a McDonald's bag into the bathroom, then passed it off to another passenger upon returning to his seat. When the pilot announced the plane was cleared for landing and to fasten seat belts, seven men jumped up in unison and went to different bathrooms.

Her account was confirmed by David Adams, spokesman for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS), who said officers were on board and checked the bathrooms several times during the flight, but nothing was found. "The FAMS never broke their cover, but monitored" the activity, Mr. Adams said. "Given the facts, they had no legal basis to take an enforcement action. But there was enough of a suspicious nature for the FAMS, passengers and crew to take notice."

If anything I think you may be the one who is getting hysterical [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]