Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: September Goals

[ QUOTE ]
Ten days left in the month. Hope everyone is doing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post my goals, but here is the results...

-I moved to the left coast - SLO area.
-I signed a lease at a great place
-I started on the 6th with a 70BB downswing at 5/10, so I dropped to 2/4 and OIC'd my way back to 5/10
-With 10days left my goal is to play 80 more hours by the end of month
-I also want to plug some postflop leaks
Old 09-22-2005, 03:20 AM

man, I'm getting nowhere near 30K hands this month, the 5/10 and 3/6 6 may happen, the twice to ac isn't gonna happen, but hopefully I'll make it down to play in a USPC tourny or two, and I have to violate my OOT posting because what led to my avatar happened [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 10:54 AM

We know that Michael Davis reached one of his goals!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- Be able to balance work part-time, school full-time, friends, and still put in 15k hands
- Consider moving to 3/6 by the end of the monthh
- Post more of my own hands
- Continue working out

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a few thousand short of 15k, should be easy to do. Instead of moving to 3/6 I decided to stay at 2/4 but just add more tables - it's been going very well.

I've been able to balance all of this so far somewhat well, but I haven't had time to post more of my own hands as a result. I'm still working out.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:57 PM

I'm done pokering for the month, so I thought I'd check my report card.

[ QUOTE ]
-Play 20k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

19.5. I was planning to catch up and make it this week, but I got burnt out instead.

[ QUOTE ]
-Play at least 1k of 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. 975. I still don't feel comfortable though. At least I got my first big losing session there under my belt.

[ QUOTE ]
-Get a new poker book, probably Theory of Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Crap, I forgot all about this one. I should add it to my October goals.

[ QUOTE ]
-Continue not sucking at 3/6 short. Experiment with 3-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Success! 5k hands, 3-tabled for most of it. Played decent, ran good. Time to give 5/10 short another shot.

[ QUOTE ]
-Play more 5/10 than 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ka-ching! Albeit just barely.

[ QUOTE ]
-Make at least 25 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

50, baby! That's almost enough to qualify me as a non-lurker!

[ QUOTE ]
-Lose 5 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I make goals I have no intention of trying to achieve?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<ul type="square"> [*]32,000 hands (tough since I will have 6 days off this month)[*]Survive 15/30 (hopefully better than the first time)[*]Finish Yao and HoH2[*]Get back to twice a week workouts[*]Lose 10 lbs[/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

<ul type="square">[*]Only 27,000 hands, I didn't want force myself to make up for the 6 days off.[*]I played 15/30 for the first 7 days. Went down 60BB, to up 60BB, to down 60BB, to up 75BB, to even. Decided I needed to pay some bills, so I cashed out some and went back to 10/20. Went back to 15/30 on the 28th. Had my best day ever in dollars won. On the 29th, lost 6BB. On the 30th, had my new best day ever. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img][*]I forgot all about this goal, but I did finish both books.[*]Bad, only did 5 this month.[*]Bah, only dropped about 2 lbs.[/list]
Old 10-01-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. 12-table 10/20 6-max for 80K hands, making $150K with rakeback and bonuses. Just kidding. 3-table 2/4 full for 10K hands.
----&gt; 3-to-4-tabled various small stakes for what has to be more than 10K hands.
2. Finish SSHE, Weighing the Odds, Real Poker II.
----&gt; Yup.
3. Post my quarterly hand.
----&gt; No.
4. Flirt with the insanely cute checker at Safeway who is much too young for me.
----&gt; Said, "You work here, too?" when I saw her at Round Robin. She uncomfortably smiled and said yeah. That counts, damn it!
5. Return to the gym.
----&gt; Yup.
6. Go out after work at least thrice.
----&gt; Yup.
7. Casually mention to my boss that my review is now six months late.
----&gt; Not a good time.
8. Take another stab at 6-max which, except for my very first attempt, repeatedly chews me up and spits me out.
----&gt; Nope.
9. See if I can dual-screen using my extra monitor and dead PC's video card installed in my new PC.
----&gt; Had to buy two new video cards, but yup.

[/ QUOTE ]
--&gt; 6/9 = 67%, 'D' is a passing grade.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sept. Goals:
-chill out get in solid hours, not put any pressure on myself..usually that means 10K-12K hands a week
-play higher amount of my total play at NLHE -now already about 60%/40% bigbet/limit
-continue to focus on 6MAX mostly over Full games either limit or no limit
-rely less on rakeback by continuing to play in the best games -often away from Party.
-Play fewer hours but play in higher games..accompanied with more study. If I'm not playing all $5-10/$200 NLHE 6MAX/Full and up by the end of 2005 I'll be quite disappointed.
-Study more, read HUSH,Mid-High Stakes Limit and NL forums daily.
-join registered Masters Swim Team/Program.
- get out to see music weekly
-pre-qualify for a mortgage
-stop spending so much time on datamining ..it's taking away from playing time
-browse and post on 2+2 with more efficiency

[/ QUOTE ]

Sept. was a subpar month income-wise I netted ~$7100 w/rb and bonuses. But it was still good to have a decent month after having a mediocre summer where I was forced to take off 3 weeks because I was so burned out. In my opinion Party games were at their best consistently in Spring and early Summer in 2005.

-I played about 582 table-hours. About 40K hands. The reason I dont have a specific hand count is that I played alot at Golden Palace which isnt compatable w/ PokerTracker. Only had rakeback of $569 for the month YTD rakeback is $12,100. But had ~$1,600 in bonuses. Played off about $600 in accumulated bonuses at Crypto(InterPoker) last few days of the month.

My affiliate must hate me. I've been playing away from EuroBet more and more. Mostly PokerStars, Paradise(even with all their crappy technical issues),InterPoker and Golden Palace(Vic Chandler).

-Starting out the month I was playing about 70% NLHE mostly $200 Full and 6MAX. Ran a little crappy in $200 Full after killing it for a month and cut back my Full hours and started playing more 6MAX.
I played about 35% of my hours in NLHE. This month(Oct)I'm back up to around 50/50 LHE/NLHE.

-I've finally come to the realization that in general my time is best spent playing 6MAX/5MAX over Full games at LHE and in NLHE my 6MAX stats are scary good. NL 6MAX seems to be my best game. I do an ok 2.30 bb/100 in $3-6 LHE 6MAX and 1.80 bb/100 in $5-10 6MAX but my $100/$200 6MAX results are kick ass 11 PTBB/100 at $100's after like 40K hands. $200's I'm at like 15PTbb /100 and due for a major smoothing out over the next 5-10K hands. I love playing short NLHE.

-I did rely less on rakeback last month. I focused on finding the best games and burned off alot of bonuses in the process.

-Surprisingly I am now playing fewer table-hours than all this year I'm just finally playing higher consistently so I can get by with playing less. Right now I'm playing all $5-10 Full/6MAX,$3-6 6MAX and $200 Full/6MAX ..I occasionally will still play a sick $100 NL Full/6MAX games or $3-6 LHE Full games but I'm forcing myslef to do this less.. Pretty much I'm on a strict diet of $5-10 LHE and $200NL.

- I'm not reading enough hand posts. Only forum I try and force myself to read is HUSH. Problem is all these forums have gotten so big now that it's a bit overwhelming. I try and read 5-10 new HUSH postings a day. I'm not reading enough on the NLHE forums-grr.

Everyday I use PokerTracker to review/playback the 20- 40 hands were I lost the most money. It helps to playback even the small losing hands.

-My swimming is going great. I paid monthly fees to swim at 2 different Masters programs. One is at a county pool with me mixed in with a bunch of high school kids--haha..other is at my club that just built a new 25meter pool.
Right now I'm probably in the best shape of my life. I swim 3000 yd workouts 3-4 days and will do 1-2 mellower 2500 workoutsby myself. I always swim 5-6 days a week. The high school kids do 6K daily/6 days a week. All I know is I love it.

-Saw some very good music: Pernice Brothers-checked them out at The Social in Orlando. A bit dissappointed by their live performance but Joe's new album "Discover A Lovelier You" I cant stop listening to-it-get it if you like say The BlueAeroplanes,Smiths-sad beautiful powerpop -not gonna cut it thu for most youngsters. Another good show was Magnolia Electric Co.at a venue I hadnt been to before-Respectable Street..fairly close. Between all the music I can see in Orlando,Tampa and south Florida-the days where Florida lacked good music are history. Not only that but south Florida and Tampa venues have built a rapport with Southern music which I dig ie Zydeco,Delta Blues and Southern rock. I can see just as many good gigs now in Florida as I did when I lived in nyc -problem is of course I have to drive a bit.

Missed some good blues shows ie Corey Harris, Jimmy Thackery and also wanted to check out DwightYoakham.

- Countrywide Financial is giving mortages away to anybody with even barely decent credit. I could probably get a $500,000-$1M mortage if I wanted. Getting a mortage is not an issue. Told my mortgage guy my employment history and no doc loan is where it's at.

- I have datamined the piss out of PokerStars I have 3 1Million hand databases focusing on $3-6-$15-30 LHE and $100-$400 NLHE 6MAX and Full for both.