Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Bragging...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$8k, $109. I cash $3k when I reach $10k.

You guys keeping more than that in there are nuts IMO. One little hacker and whoosh... no recourse.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a hacker really do that if you have your money spread out over about 20-40 sites? Also I don't leave it all online, I have a running number which is my poker bankroll. This doesn't mean it's online.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, if it's online, yes they can. If they get access to your machine, all bets are off, so to speak. Keylogging will give them access to anything you access.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

so where is the money safe? i access my bank account from online... should i cash out everythign and stuff it between my matress-- i've always wanted to sleep atop a pile of money
Old 08-31-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was at about 8 gs, but been playing above my roll and running bad today, so now its about 4 gs

[/ QUOTE ]

geeze that is wayyyy above your roll...if you can lose 1/2 your bankroll in one day, that is a surefire way to go broke
Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 PM

You don't have to bank online.

You should definitely have firewall/virus/adware/spyware, keep them current, and not do anything that invites trouble. Just a few years ago a lot of people talked like all of this was necessary, but just not doing anything stupid and you were pretty safe. Now it's pretty dangerous to connect to the internet.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so where is the money safe? i access my bank account from online... should i cash out everythign and stuff it between my matress-- i've always wanted to sleep atop a pile of money

[/ QUOTE ]

What's important is what can be done with the money. Most online banking services don't have an easy way for someone to ship your money off to an unknown location. You can move money around within the account, and "pay bills", but this doesn't make it trivial for a thief to empty your accounts into somewhere he can snag the money.

Once you're connected to neteller or some service like that, however, the picture changes, because if a thief can get the money into neteller, it's as good as gone, as far as I can tell. I've heard many credible stories of neteller accounts being emptied, with no compensation.

So it really depends on how you have your accounts set up.

A lone online banking account is, as far as I can tell, less dangerous than an online account that is connected to services like neteller, from which the money can be shipped into the ether relatively easily.

eastbay
Old 08-31-2005, 11:24 PM

75k 6 table the 215s and play lot of mtts
Old 09-01-2005, 12:13 AM

1 Setembro 2005

Pacific - 536$ x

Paradise Poker - 5022$ x

PartyPoker - 4984$ x

PokerRoom - 6198$ x

PokerStars - 4323$ x

TruePoker - 232$ x

UltimateBet - 4261$ x

Eurobet - 8364$ x

EmpirePoker - 1376$ x

Intertops - 1505$ x

ABSOLUTE POKER - 939$ x

Bodog - 3379$ x

PokerNow - 2666$ x

TigerGaming - 2083$ x

Neteller - 4923$ x

50791$

Play all kind of stuff.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Income?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

11's: $4.37/hr
22's: $6.31/hr
33's: $24.10/hr
55's: $53.13/hr (I wish this one were real. Alas, N=6)

Overall: N=1270, $9.07/hr
Low stakes pride!

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldnt you be looking at $/tournery, unless you one table continuously

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you want to get picky, those data are from all sorts of different conditions. The 11's are anywhere from 1 to 8 tables. The 22's and 33's are almost all 4-tabling. I also improved a lot (I hope) in that span. Overall, I actually think $/hr is the best metric for evaluating a player whose primary goal is to make money. ROI is best for comparing skill across buy-in levels. $/tourn forces you to assume a constant buy-in, so ROI tells you everything $/tourn will tell you and more.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I do agree that $/hour is the best metric for evaluating a serious player's success rate, it is not acurate unless you 1-table, which is not smart to do if you are a serious player.

Because of this, I have to ask... How would one figure out his true $/hr? Note that your true $/hr may never be known, so let's use the following data.

--------

player 4 tables $20 games on party in SETS.
$/hr (taken from PokerTracker): $8
Average game time: 40 minutes

----------

Now since this player plays in SETS, how would one determine this players $/hr using the given data? Anyone that knows some algebra should be able to figure this out (and since a programmer I should), but I am wayy too tired for this right now.

Oh and by the way, do you prefer playing in SETs or CONTINUOUS, and what are your pros and cons for each?

Thanks,
Cheers
Old 09-01-2005, 03:30 AM

Your money is very safe with your bank. Neteller doesn't really care if they have your money as long as you move money through them. It's all about how they use your money to make money I guess.

me: "I'm a dumbass. I left my ATM card in the machine after making a deposit [while raging drunk] and and now $200 is missing from my account and I can't find my ATM card."
WF support: "There was a $200 withdrawl 5 minutes after you made that deposit. Here's a free $200 and don't do it again, dumbass."

I doubt Neteller would do something like that for someone who had mysteriously lost a sum of money.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:39 AM

waht are the best security programs available today? I have some that Im told are very good, but I may as well have the best....any ideas?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

dude, do u like letting online poker sites make money off of your money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker sites don't get to invest your money, do they? I can't see how this is legal. They aren't a bank, and your $$ isn't backed by FDIC.

But yes, he can take some of that and turn it into passive income if he chooses.