[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP...ten bucks to everyone if we can get to someone obscure like George Burns within the next ten fixes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP now pay up before I expose you to all of 2+2 as a deadbeat [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]and the most obscure connection in the world goes too...steve and edie

unfortunatly, edie gorme of steve lawrence and eydie gorme is spelt, well, with that darn "y". so due to my non explicit T&C's, your post is invalid...(phew, got myself out of ten bucks there)
Old 08-05-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Scammed by a 2+2er

The use of "force or fear" has to be "wrongful." It's not wrongful to say someone hasn't paid you back when they haven't paid you back. It is just stating the facts.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Staked people fourtimes(just for a night's play). Two of them lost, two of them won. No biggie. All gave me back what they had left, or the original stake plus 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

did it end up profitable?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really hope Neil Young
steve young
steve and edie
eddie george
george burns
pays up.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP...ten bucks to everyone if we can get to someone obscure like George Burns within the next ten fixes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP now pay up before I expose you to all of 2+2 as a deadbeat [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]and the most obscure connection in the world goes too...steve and edie

unfortunatly, edie gorme of steve lawrence and eydie gorme is spelt, well, with that darn "y". so due to my non explicit T&C's, your post is invalid...(phew, got myself out of ten bucks there)

[/ QUOTE ]

Neil Young
Neil Patrick Harris
Ed Harris
Ed Burns
George Burns
Old 08-05-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really hope Neil Young
steve young
steve and edie
eddie george
george burns
pays up.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neil Young
Neil Patrick Harris
Ed Harris
Ed Burns
George Burns

[/ QUOTE ]
nicely done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...but, to be technical (i really need this ten bucks), according to imdb.com, its ed harris, and edward burns...but i'm just being anal...good job. checks are in the mail.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The use of "force or fear" has to be "wrongful." It's not wrongful to say someone hasn't paid you back when they haven't paid you back. It is just stating the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you are saying it is legal to blackmail someone so long as you only threaten to publicly humiliate him by stating true facts?

That would allow me to start a nice business taking pictures outside a no-tell motel and blackmailing the married men I caught. It would be completely true but I suspect you would agree that it's illegal.

What's wrongful is the threat, not the action being threatened. If I want to take pictures and ruin marriages I can do it. I can also show the men the pictures and tell them I'm sending them to their wives. It's all free speech. But I cross the line when I demand money in exchange for my silence.

Would it have been legal for OP to demand full payment and an additional $10000 in return for his silence? Or would you agree that is extortion?

I know everyone wants to believe that OP's entitled to do this because he's owed the money. Morally I might agree with you. But legally there is no difference between extorting repayment of a debt and extorting something you were never entitled to. Extortion is legally a form of theft that is achieved by threatening the victim. It's illegal to steal back money you are owed.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eh it's all expected value. you expected to make something off him. it didn't work out. such is life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make it a smart move which is Mason's point. I know that's his point because we've discussed this many times over the many years that this site has been in existance.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:43 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eh it's all expected value. you expected to make something off him. it didn't work out. such is life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make it a smart move which is Mason's point. I know that's his point because we've discussed this many times over the many years that this site has been in existance.

[/ QUOTE ]

extreme example:

someone wants to borrow $1 from you. 50% of the time he'll screw you over, and 50% of the time he'll return $1.10 plus the original $1, so you're expected to make a nickel. whether or not he pays you back is irrelavent when analyzing your decision to stake the guy $1. in other words, if you can afford the variance, you should take it as long as you've correctly analyzed the decision. if, 5 years later, you look at your decision, and he didn't pay you back, it doesn't mean you made a bad decision. it just means you had bad luck
Old 08-05-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

extreme example:

someone wants to borrow $1 from you. 50% of the time he'll screw you over, and 50% of the time it'll return $1.10. whether or not he pays you back is irrelavent when analyzing your decision to stake the guy $1. in other words, if you can afford the variance, you should take it as long as you've correctly analyzed the decision

[/ QUOTE ]

His point is that your EV is decidedly negative in making these arrangements. It's not a variance issue, it's an EV issue.