Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: suggestion for OOT

When I post dumb advice in the poker forums it is always corrected. The people on this forum don't just tell you it is wrong they force you to realize how wrong and why you are wrong. It is never pretty and most people leave when faced with this cold harsh truth.

OOT just does the same with non-poker topics. It is never kind or pretty but the truth is always there and only the blind, and stubborn can ignore it. The ones that can stomach seeing their stupidity exposed are forced to change or leave. I hope I am smart enough to change and I know the site owners are smart enough to decide what to do with oot in the future. Because as always the truth is undeniable as the people here are quick to shove it down your throat.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:51 AM

Let's get this back to the topic at hand.

I second NT's idea of a faq. He's been around here long enough to know what's what.

Run with it dude.

Notice how all the old time posters pretty much disappeared from OOT?

Yeah, me too.

It sucks.

I'd be ameniable to deleting threads that are plain derogatory, inflammatory, redundant and/or retarded in nature.

The collective posters of oot are quality posters. There is much potential in OOT to be a great place to discuss non-poker related stuff. Now its a high schoolers guide to being pathetic. The issue I think is people try too hard to test the edges of what's allowed and what isn't allowed. Is it cool to have yet another stupid dating question? No. Is it cool when someone who hasn't dated in years asks a question to get help? Yeah. But "how biug is your dick, or have you ever had sex when your girl is on her period" crap needs to go away.

It's amateurish, and not needed. Sure, you can simply not read the posts, but more than half the posts are useless these days.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the sex posts must continue, make a sexual/dating advice forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or we can just stop letting all the 15 year olds who registered in 2005 from starting threads any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's one vote for canning OOT. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have a private thread just for moderators. That way they can discuss whether or not to ban someone or delete a thread in private. They can learn from each other and learn from the past. A lot of forums do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say this is the first paragraph (not post) of Otis's I've read that I've agreed with 100%. Knowing why someone got banned would be huge.

Also, Mat you should be careful about eliminating OOT. OOT probably does a lot for maintaining a fresh supply of fish for the real poker players. I know a lot of people who live in OOT suck at poker. They feed the real poker players. The real poker players then help the real good poker players improve their game by interacting with them via discussion in the poker forums. They also make repeated (but failed) attempts at moving up to higher stakes.

Just a crazy theory....
Old 07-27-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT probably does a lot for maintaining a fresh supply of fish for the real poker players. I know a lot of people who live in OOT suck at poker. They feed the real poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Troll!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:24 PM

Truth is like surgery. It hurts but it cures.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make mods use two user names - one for true mod activity and one for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otis, please tell me, what is your logic for saying this? Do you know how annoying would be to log out, log into admin account, log out, and log back in every time you want to delete spam or a bad thread?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT probably does a lot for maintaining a fresh supply of fish for the real poker players. I know a lot of people who live in OOT suck at poker. They feed the real poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything is relative. I'm pretty sure I suck relative to many here, but I have sense enough not to play them. I'll keep fishing in the guppy pond, thank you. No reason to get eaten in the ocean.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Truth is like surgery. It hurts but it cures.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah yeah. The real reason to keep OOT, though, is it helps keep the noise out of the strategy forums. Also, it allows for a place to blow off some steam and take it easy.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:38 PM

True, however, I know 6 other 2+2'ers in real life. They all play small stakes. Many of them play 2/4 or 3/6 and lose it at 5/10. Or the play 20+2 and lose it at a $50 SNG. They also spend a lot more time reading OOT than SS. Do you honestly think OOT hasn't helped the 5/10 players in some way?

You can't have a shark if there isn't plankton and algae.