Derek Jeter (NYY) 5 18.52%
Torii Hunter (MIN) 6 22.22%
Hideki Matsui (NYY) 4 14.81%
Scott Posednik (CWS) 3 11.11%
Don Mattingly (RET) 6 22.22%
other (specify) 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Is America ready for Gay Cowboys on the Big Screen?

[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I were in a theater in Times Square when a preview for this came on. The liberal-as-hell New York crowd was noticeably disgusted by the premise of the movie (as were we).

[/ QUOTE ]

times square isnt for new yorkers. i think you sitting w/ a theathre full of tourists.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:21 AM

[censored] you.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:25 AM

I don't think you will kill yourself so I won't bother recommending that you seriously consider doing so. But I do hope you die.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Monogamy is good. Polygamy, polyandry, promiscuity is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with these statements. That having been said, what about polyamory?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this sounds hot.

mm michelle williams
mm cute boys making out

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you're thinking.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you should take from it is that different people look at the world different ways, and that what seems to be your assumption that your way is clearly greatly superior is extremely egocentric, even were it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

blarg, don't you think your way of looking at the world is clearly superior to despotinexile's?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:57 PM

Yup, but not only am I right, more importantly, I wasn't addressing the issues as if there not only was no question whatsoever that other people's opinions couldn't possibly have any validity, but that they clearly should just like it or lump it.

That's especially hard to swallow when you're pushing the idea that people shouldn't be included in society, or should have to hide their nature to be accepted. Frankly, nobody should be allowed to exclude anyone just because they're different. From your living room, fine, but not society. If I see two gay guys walking down the street holding hands, or see them hugging, it really doesn't matter what my opinion of homosexuality is; it's just none of my business. Thinking they should hide it is medieval. And too damn nosy, in a free country especially. Of all the things we have to fight over on this insane and bloody planet, where people put their dicks is just not one of them. Everyone's entitled to any private dislike whatever, but there's no reason to expect people to agree and act ashamed if some stranger who is all full of himself doesn't like them. That would make society a kind of prison without walls.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, but not only am I right, more importantly, I wasn't addressing the issues as if there not only was no question whatsoever that other people's opinions couldn't possibly have any validity, but that they clearly should just like it or lump it.

[/ QUOTE ]

normally i like your posts a lot but i don't know what you're talking about, (not saying it can't be my fault), even though i read through the thread a second time.

you've failed to convince me you weren't being hypocritical but i understand that may not make any difference to you and given that we seem not to be reading quite the same thread i'm not going to argue with you.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I first saw this preview in theatres, I was seriously disgusted with the reactions of the people around me. I was sitting next to these two girls who were friends of friends and they were like laughing and being like, "omg..! so gross..!" etc, and there were similar reactions to be heard and seen from other people in the threatre as well. It seriously made me...angry in some way. Granted these girls and most of the other people I saw react this way were younger and probably somewhat immature, but it still pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever thought that this reaction might me genetic and some people can't help it? People who preach that homosexuality is just as "normal" and just as practical as a classical child producing family structure piss me off.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:08 PM

I don't know what your goals were or why you had them, but I've been clear since the beginning. I agree that there seems to be nothing productive that could develop from going over the same things again. This entire thread was transparent but there was a lot of misguided effort to complicate it.