Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Protest Empire-Everyone withdraw balances

This code could have been refused at the site--others have. The disclaimer is more crap-check out ads on TV and try to read the fine print(disclaimer)--You can't abrogate your responsibility because you have a fine print. Unfortunately that's what civil suits are all about.

By the way, I was also screwed out of the $500 new account bonus a few months ago. Signed up-no bonus-contact support--gave me a new account $100,no discussion final.Took a break from the bonus ,went back, expired in less than a month from the original date of sign up-contact support--tuf luck-end of story. This code stuff smells of duplicity and reeks ,skunk-like. F'm em.

regards,
carlo
Old 09-29-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Gimme a break (cross-posted from other silly Boycott thread)

wrong, no one defrauded empire. They confirmed the bonus in an email. If accounts were not eligible they should not have granted the bonus and sent a confirmation email. They made a mistake and should honor there confirmation email. (I did not deposit so have no stake in this) Apoligizing for Empire is rediculous, you must be an affiliate. If they accept your deposit and confirm you get a bonus, they have completed a sale. What they are doing now would be illegal and you could sue them if you could get jurisdiction in the US. They are the defrauders.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:01 PM

You realize that the bonus confirmation e-mail is an automatic process.

It is not an offer. They are not sending you a promotion.

[ QUOTE ]
2. EmpirePoker.com reserves the right to send particular promotions to particular players. Promotional offers are intended for the addressed recipient only and cannot be transferred. If you are not the intended recipient, then the offer is null and void.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you received this bonus code through a promotional e-mail personally, you were not designated as recipient for this promotion. Thus they nulled out this promotion for those not intended for this bonus. As compensation for not catching on quick enough they are giving you $50 free.

Cry all you want, withdraw your money, you're one out of thousands of customers for them.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:56 PM

No the confirmation email is not automatic, you will not get one for bonuses you are not supposed to get. I am surprised at all the people defending Empire. I'm surprised any of you are good poker players, being such pussies and sheep. Grow some balls and stand up to Empire. Also Empire is one of many poker sites, so screw em. There software and support sucks. No reason to play there.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No the confirmation email is not automatic, you will not get one for bonuses you are not supposed to get. I am surprised at all the people defending Empire. I'm surprised any of you are good poker players, being such pussies and sheep. Grow some balls and stand up to Empire. Also Empire is one of many poker sites, so screw em. There software and support sucks. No reason to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and leave, more money for me and less chance I'll run into other 2+2ers. In fact, Empire sent some of us another bonus this morning so I'll gladly be playing there.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:37 PM

This is off topic...
But full tilt has been offering a 600 dollar match bonus for just under a month now. And on the empire thing, when you bonus whore, you know what you are doing. And its not all that surprising bonus whoring doesen't always work out. Its unfortunate the way it worked out - as I also deposited with the code - but when it was pulled I just withdrew my funds. I see no reason what so ever to make a fuss. The legalities of the situation are impossible to overcome, and yelling at a foreign phone operator who has nothing to do with it will accomplish little. If 100 people withdraw all funds from their empire accounts it will accomplish very little. Online poker runs some risks, when you add the risks of bonus whoring with a code not targeted for your use your risk versus reward runs higher...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:07 PM

I got the bonus used 100 and cleared it In 6 hours.

I wasnt to greedy
Old 09-30-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Why go there? Seriosuly...get a life.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]