Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: I understand now!

[ QUOTE ]

That's really not anyone's business. Hourly rate is one thing, but my tax information is private.

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is, there's little to no doubt that you cheat on your taxes by underreporting your tips. and then you are coming here complaining that you got stiffed one time by a bunch of cowboys.

hmmm....
Old 10-16-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure I will make comments already said but I don't have time to read everyone's and I really want to say this.
1)You took the job knowing full well what your wages were and what your duties were so don't complain that you only make x amount an hour for running your ass off.... you applied and took the job
2)Just because a bill is for example $300 doesn't mean a server should get $30-$45 in tips..... because for all we know, there could have only been two customers who happened to order $75 steak and lobster dinners and ordered two bottles of the nicest wine..... meaning that you didn't have to work as hard as you would if it were 20 people ordering cheeseburgers and pop.
3) I almost always tip and I think I am a good tipper but I have grown to hate the expected tip and to hate the fact that a lot of servers think it is a guarantee and therefor don't "earn" it.... and when they behave this way I leave them NOTHING.... and I LOVE it
4) You cannot say that people who feel the same as I don't know what it is like because I used to work in a restaurant and I always felt really awkward getting tipped... I mean, I am only doing my job... the job that I am getting paid a wage for.
5) I am a teacher now and nobody tips me for doing my job which I am certain I work a hell of a lot harder at than you do and I work longer hours and I had to get two degrees to do.... and I don't make a great wage either

So, if you don't like it then quit because I am sooooooo sick of hearing whiny b itch es like you compalin about how hard you have it..... it is my money and I will do with it as I please. And it pleases me to deny tipping you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try STlantny but no means no.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:58 PM

Don't a lot of places like the one where you work (7 stakes for 100$) include the tip in the bill for large parties? How come your place doesn't, and why don't you see if you can change it? Sounds like a guaranteed 15% for you might be better than getting 20% most often but having the occasional assclowns that give you nothing.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't a lot of places like the one where you work (7 stakes for 100$) include the tip in the bill for large parties? How come your place doesn't, and why don't you see if you can change it? Sounds like a guaranteed 15% for you might be better than getting 20% most often but having the occasional assclowns that give you nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately it's only parties 8 or more where I work. I really wish they'd change it to 6 (or 7 for that matter), but I guess that's just Applebee's policy. Not much my managers can do either.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:10 PM

I love a good tipping thread.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:25 PM

My only problem with tipping is that it's based on percentage, not amount served/work done. Why should you have to tip more because the prices were higher? It doesn't take any more work for the server if the bill is $300 instead of $30.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My only problem with tipping is that it's based on percentage, not amount served/work done. Why should you have to tip more because the prices were higher? It doesn't take any more work for the server if the bill is $300 instead of $30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does! Not always. We can be talking about a 30 dollar bottle of wine and a 300 dollar bottle of win. But usually a higher bill means that the server did more work.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does! Not always. We can be talking about a 30 dollar bottle of wine and a 300 dollar bottle of win. But usually a higher bill means that the server did more work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true if you are comparing bills at the same restaurant.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, some restaurants are more expensive than others?