Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Some fixes and thingies

"Results in white" showing up in my skin mode [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Guess the only way to fix it is use a skin with a white backround.....but desert is so purty [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TheRake
Old 05-09-2004, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Some fixes and thingies

Page does not load - hope it's temporary.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: BisonBison\'s Hand Converter: Limit, NL & PL HE Party Hands

Sup dudes. I had to take a bit of a break from the grind, and haven't posted in a couple of weeks.

It's also been about a month since I've added anything to the converter so let me run down the list of current enhancement type things under consideration and give everyone an update:

1. Rake
Rake is a pain in the ass, but I'd like to see it get added. ETA: 6/11.

2. Further Aliasing
Basically, there'll be a dropdown box allowing you to pick how many opponent aliases you'd like to create (up to 20). After selecting the number, that many alias boxes will appear, and it'll make it easier for everyone to put together multi-hand quizzes, since you'll be able to account for changing people at your table. ETA: 6/4

3. Condensed preflop action option
This would just mean that instead of:

"UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button raises, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls."

You'd see something like:

"4 folds, MP3 calls, 1 fold, Button raises, 2 folds, MP3 call."

I am currently just thinking of doing this for preflop action, but let me know if you want it added for all rounds. ETA: 6/4.

4. Prima support/Pacific Support
I will take another look at this, but my recollection is that Prima sites do not offer sufficient info to parse correctly. Pokertracker pat has been unable to add Prima support to PT for the same basic reason. However, any site that pokertracker supports should be able to work with the converter, so if there's a gap there, let me know. ETA: not til the fix it.

5. Support for draw and pineapple games
Paradise and UB both have these games, but their hand histories both neglect to tell you which cards the hero discards. This makes it impossible for the converter to determine the hand results. ETA: write to Paradise and UB and ask them to include your discards in the HHs.

6. Further HTML support
Gotten a couple of requests for more HTML support from bloggers. This shouldn't be too hard, though I'll have to review what they were asking for. ETA: 6/11.

7. Standard bug fixes
Stuff breaks. ETA: 6/4.

EDIT 8. NL/Tourney stack highlighting
Joe Tall requested a way to show which stacks are important. I'm going to bold the stacks of players who see the flop, and bold and color the stacks of players who see the showdown. ETA: 6/4.

If I've forgotten anything, feel free to ask for it in this thread, cause I need to be reminded about what the hot hot requests are.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:09 PM

cool stuff....although except for the condensed PF action most of it really doesn't concern me a whole bunch.

the condensed PF action would make it easier to read at times but i think you are just adding an improvement to an already functional and solid product.

i don't really think the condensing is as necessary on later streets...but that's jmho.

more importantly...good to hear you are alive and well.
we were wondering what the hell had happened to you.
welcome back.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:16 PM

I was just thinking of this the other day and this thread reminded me. I think it would be very convenient if there was support for Party's in-table hand histories (the ones accessed by clicking in the upper right corner of the table screen). Often there's a hand I just finished that I want to post right away, but then I have to wait for the email history to come in. By that time I'm often off doing something else so I never end up posting the hand. Is there a way to format that type of history already? Thanks.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:46 PM

The differences between the online version and the e-mailed version are largely cosmetic and could be accounted for, but the online versions don't show what the table stakes are, whether it's ring or tourney or whatever, and I haven't felt like accomodating that. I'll take a look, but it's a low priority, since it'll basically take more user effort, which means more chance of mistake and so on.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:41 PM

Bison's alive!!! Was getting worried about you dude- the microlimit forum has been worse for your abscence.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:58 PM

If you can make the party in-game history work, that'd be sweet.

One feature I would like is the ability to parse multiple hands at once. I recall you making that post wherein you had two+ orbits in order to demonstrate geting a read on everyone. I imagine it must have been very tedious to paste each hand individually. I've had a few people offer to look through 100 hand histories for me, but I would prefer to be a nice guy and send them something readable rather than the ugly raw data.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:17 PM

I imagine it must have been very tedious to paste each hand individually.

Well, the multiple alias thing is actually the first step toward making that kind of post easier. The main time factor in doing that was keeping the aliases consistent when you could only do 4 of them automatically.

When I have the mult-aliases in place, I'll see about multiple hands at once.

9. Multi-hand posts
ETA: 6/21

10. Party online versions
ETA: 6/21
Old 06-01-2004, 09:10 PM

Definityly condense preflop action. Do NOT condense postflop action, since its important to see who folds. Great job bison.