Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Indy @ NE MNF Thread***

Anyone else notice how far both Super Bowl teams from last year have fallen. They now have 8 losses combined. The Eagles I doubt will make the playoffs and the Pats got lucky with their division or they may not have either this year.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else notice how far both Super Bowl teams from last year have fallen. They now have 8 losses combined. The Eagles I doubt will make the playoffs and the Pats got lucky with their division or they may not have either this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

the Patriots also got pretty unlucky w/ their non division schedule. they are clearly a worse team thn in years past, but against the Colts opponents, they might be 6-2.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:02 AM

There was a lot of grumbling yesterday that the Pats aren't playing with the same passion this year. I think there is something to this. On paper, the Patriots never looked good enough to me to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years so in my mind they were consistently playing above their ability.

So who gets credit for that? I say Charlie Weis. He was screamer on the coaching staff, the guy that kept the players motivated. Of course this could be all bs but I think there's something to it.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow peyton is really schooling the patriots practice squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuses, excuses. I love it. Knew it was going to be there. Before the season, even with all the losses on their team (players AND coaches), Pats fans were King [censored] in their world. But now that it looks like its falling down and the Colts are the better team, "oh, its the Pats practice squad". Eat me, Patriot Nation. Where's the great Belichick genius system that "owns" Peyton now?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!

they are missing argaubly thier two best defensive players and their best offensive lineman. they also signed a running back off the street this week to back up dillon. if you dont think injurys are a major factor, then your an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing I have beef with is how everyone says Brady is one of the best QBs ever. clearly if Brady and Manning witched places Manning would have some rings and Brady would put up some numbers. big [censored] deal. I think people should be talking more about the loss of Weis and Crennel and the injuries to the DEFENSE instead of slobbing Brady's knob all the time.

I'm not a colts fan it's just that Brady is my least favorite player in the NFL
Old 11-09-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. What's not to like? 6th round draft pick that's worked his asss off, is humble and not an assshole and has achieved. You like him less than TO for example?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:31 PM

I would have hated anyone in his spot, no knock to him specifically. I hate that he was given SUCH a good situation when players like Marino never got to win a super bowl. I was also fairly resentful that Belichick let Beldsoe lose his starting job due to injury, even though it turned out to be the right call.

so I guess I hate Belichick most of all, but Brady a lot, yeah.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have hated anyone in his spot, no knock to him specifically. I hate that he was given SUCH a good situation when players like Marino never got to win a super bowl. I was also fairly resentful that Belichick let Beldsoe lose his starting job due to injury, even though it turned out to be the right call.

so I guess I hate Belichick most of all, but Brady a lot, yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bledsoe getting hurt actually allowed him to save face as Belicheck was very close to making the switch anyway.

Brady was clearly better than Bledsoe in the preseason and in practice and it was time to see if he could do it in real games because the Patriots were going no where with Bledsoe.

Why the love for Bledsoe who's never won anything and the hate for Brady who's won 3 Super Bowls. Again, this makes no sense.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. What's not to like? 6th round draft pick that's worked his asss off, is humble and not an assshole and has achieved. You like him less than TO for example?

[/ QUOTE ]

he went to....Michigan. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]