Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
So then you are saying that Walker swinging 3-0 was a cheapshot by TLR? Which is it? Cheap shot? or very little confidence in his ace/pen?

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic is so screwed up on so many levels. It's one thing to make this point with a 10 run lead, but 3?

Are you telling me anytime a team does something in an effort to increase a marginal lead, it is either lack of confidence in their pitching, or a case of running up the score to rub it in? Give me a break.

The cardinals are trying to maximize their chances of winning the game by scoring as many runs as possible, nothing more.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:56 AM

I agree with dj. Once when it comes to the post season the unspoken rules about running up the score are all thrown out the window. Post season even with a 10 run lead I don't think you have to play station to station. I mean look at the Red Sox, they came back from some pretty big deficits.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So then you are saying that Walker swinging 3-0 was a cheapshot by TLR? Which is it? Cheap shot? or very little confidence in his ace/pen?

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic is so screwed up on so many levels. It's one thing to make this point with a 10 run lead, but 3?

Are you telling me anytime a team does something in an effort to increase a marginal lead, it is either lack of confidence in their pitching, or a case of running up the score to rub it in? Give me a break.

The cardinals are trying to maximize their chances of winning the game by scoring as many runs as possible, nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I want to hear your reasoning after games 2 and 3 as to why you didn't see anyone swing 3-0.

That should be funny.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:06 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give you 1.8-1 in the astros, which is essentially the pinnacle line subtracting the vig. you bet 100, i pay you 180 if the astros win. it doesnt really make sense for me to give you 2-1 because i could get it at 1.85-1 at pinny. me giving you 1.8-1 is marginally better than the lines i found at the 2 books i looked at.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds about what I expected. I was actually thinking 1.75. Anyway, 'my team' is down 5-zip. We will do the 'exchange' or other necessary set up through PMs etc. So I say its a go. If you agree Voltron87, then we are on.

Good Luck.

-Zeno

So what the hell - Are we on or what? Yea or Nah before the start of game 2 Please.

-Zeno
Old 10-13-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

I'll give you 1.8-1 in the astros, which is essentially the pinnacle line subtracting the vig. you bet 100, i pay you 180 if the astros win. it doesnt really make sense for me to give you 2-1 because i could get it at 1.85-1 at pinny. me giving you 1.8-1 is marginally better than the lines i found at the 2 books i looked at.

This sounds about what I expected. I was actually thinking 1.75. Anyway, 'my team' is down 5-zip. We will do the 'exchange' or other necessary set up through PMs etc. So I say its a go. If you agree Voltron87, then we are on.

Good Luck.

-Zeno

So what the hell - Are we on or what? Yea or Nah before the start of game 2 Please.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt see you respond before game 1 so I figured it wasnt going to happen. How do you want to handle it? I'm fine with it being on. The most I'd bet is 100$ (meaning you'd bet 100 and I would pay you 180 if the stros won the series). less works too.

If we do it I'm fine with trusting you or sending the money to someone like dynasty, either works.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:35 PM

Yeah, I was late last night because I was hiking around bird watching and didn't get back until after the game started.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fine with it being on. The most I'd bet is 100$ (meaning you'd bet 100 and I would pay you 180 if the stros won the series).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It's a handshake and a deal. We'll worry about payment when the dust settles. I'm sure we can work out a gentlemently payment scheme.

Esstentially, the entire bet rests on Oswalt's arm tonight. If the Astors lose this one it is grim. Not hopeless, but certainly grim.

Go Oswalt.

I hope Mulder's arm falls off on the mound.

-Zeno
Old 10-13-2005, 03:44 PM

Cool, we're on the same page.

I'm looking forward to seeing this series, I haven't seen these two teams play much and it should be good. Every game is a big game in the LCS.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I want to hear your reasoning after games 2 and 3 as to why you didn't see anyone swing 3-0.

That should be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they don't it will be because they don't want to, or they don't get a good pitch to hit. It isn't going to have anything to do with some made up baseball ethics and being afraid of being hit by a Roger Clemens fastball.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That should be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they don't it will be because they don't want to, or they don't get a good pitch to hit. It isn't going to have anything to do with some made up baseball ethics and being afraid of being hit by a Roger Clemens fastball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right. Down the road lies Mike Piazza.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:04 PM

Thank you Mulder. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno