Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Shrooms

[ QUOTE ]
Shrooms will make ur heart explode when ur 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

And do you have a source for this?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
, the high average intelligence on here is a big reason why I enjoy this board and OOT in particular so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you actually READ OOT???
Old 09-19-2005, 12:08 PM

Of course there is no hard scientific evidence that these drugs will make your heart explode. There is no clinical trial proving this because such a trial would be considered unethical. Same for smoking, the data is purely observational and uncontrolled. But I can tell you that my uncle died on the toilet of a homeless shelter a few years back after a lifetime of using these drugs. Oh yeah, he was only 42. My grandfather went the same way. My dad is a str8 laced guy however, never even drank a beer and he's the first man in our family in 5 generations to live over 50 yrs. I just think that drug use is very nonchalant here in OOT and nobody ponders the potential repercussions of doping.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 12:09 PM

And please, allow me to save all OOT posters some time by prefacing my post with the flame: Indy is a tool ! There, its over and we can focus back on the discussion.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And please, allow me to save all OOT posters some time by prefacing my post with the flame: Indy is a tool ! There, its over and we can focus back on the discussion.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct sir
Old 09-19-2005, 12:47 PM

You had better be with people that you trust because the first time somebody fucks with you you're screwed. If you have any trouble keeping them down try mixing them in with some evaporated milk (I know it's disgusting but it worked for me) or a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
They're fun but you gotta make sure that you're around cool people, preferably a sober person (babysitter) that will be able to talk you out of getting a gun and trying to rob a police station. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You had better be with people that you trust because the first time somebody fucks with you you're screwed. If you have any trouble keeping them down try mixing them in with some evaporated milk (I know it's disgusting but it worked for me) or a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
They're fun but you gotta make sure that you're around cool people, preferably a sober person (babysitter) that will be able to talk you out of getting a gun and trying to rob a police station. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing this is all from experience. I hope i havent seen u on the news before.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:54 PM

Set and setting are all important when doing a hallucinogenic, to keep you from having a bad trip.

Shrooms often make people really want to be outdoors and in nature. That makes for a great experience. You might feel claustrophic indoors, but you'll like being outdoors.

You should be somewhere mellow. Especially if you're not experienced with shrooms, you probably don't want to be in a jam-packed mall or anything too crammed with noise and people, or you could feel overwhelmed with the stimuli and like you need something quieter to get some relief and just mentally catch a breath. Somewhere out in the woods or something is perfect for that. You can bring your music with you.

It's not the kind of thing you want to be driving while doing, so pick a place you won't mind being in for a number of hours, and have food and drink with you etc. Nature fits the bill very well for all these things.

Apart from setting, it's set -- don't do hallucinogenics if your mind is not in a fairly cool place and you're not with fairly cool people. There's a natural human tendency to want to freak out people who are on drugs, and for a high percentage of people it's unstoppable. Make sure the friends you are with are really your friends and that you're not the kind of jackass who prefers jackass friends, or you can have your head messed up from the outside in. Make sure you don't feel particularly unhappy or fearful, or hallucinogenics may amplify it and turn it into your whole world and really overwhelm you badly with it. Be with cool people and in a cool state of mind, in a comfortable, mellow, and safe environment.

Shrooms can be very intense but a very mellow, friendly high. You're much less likely to have a bad trip on shrooms than on acid; I don't remember even hearing of anyone I knew having a truly bad trip on shrooms, though some find too much stimuli overwhelming -- like the packed mall example I mentioned -- or get a little minor (uncomfortable but nor fearful) claustrophobia.

You'll probably be in for a very good time, but you have to take set and setting seriously when you do hallucinogenics. Do them someplace you feel good in, with people you without question feel good with. You don't want some jerk trying to fry your brain or take a dump in it when it's at its most vulnerable, and it's very easy to have that happen. Those guys you always hear about leaping from their balconies because they thought they could fly probably often had people cheering them on or suggesting it.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:08 PM

When are you guys going to realize that with drugs there is no effect without the side effect? Take this from a guy who works in pharma.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When are you guys going to realize that with drugs there is no effect without the side effect? Take this from a guy who works in pharma.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet do u send stuff in the mail i could use some good pain pills.