Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Raymer issuing death threats?????

i think least appropriate is knocking the bloody crap out of this psycho. i think all of us, except you, would definitely be yelling at this fool (what we yell may differ but yell we will).
Old 11-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Personally I'm kind of tired of people trying to win arguments by claiming that no one can have an opinion unless they can directly relate to the situation.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:03 PM

I'm not saying the death threat was the least appropriate response. Just one of the least appropriate.

And I'm not saying that others here wouldn't have done as much or worse. I just don't think he should be praised for his actions in this case.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:07 PM

If you ask me, Greg showed admirable restraint.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was it admirable, he threatened to kill a man? He also escalated a situation that he could have de-fused by reporting the man to security.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quite obviously TOO much restraint. 'you better watch yourself'???

some things may be worth it to lose your freedom for a couple hours, pay a bond and move on for...i realize he may be concerned with appearance and all, but in his shoes, i wouldn't have stopped at words. i'd interrogate him, and if his answers didn't work for me, he'd lose his front four teeth...
Old 11-29-2005, 08:07 PM

If anyone was threatening my daughter, I would f*ck them up on the spot.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:18 PM

The guy is 20 feet away across a crowded room. For everyone saying they'd #*@! the guy up or interrogate him then knock his teeth out that's simply not possible.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:08 PM

majQa'
Old 11-29-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife was sitting in the press area, where only press and staff are allowed. She got special dispensation from the staff to be there. Some guy comes in who is not allowed, sits next to her, and starts asking her all about our daughter. He wants to know where she is, who's watching her now, what she looks like, and my wife is totally freaking out from his questions and attitude. She asks to have him removed, and tells me what was going on. I look at him on the rail a minute later, and he's pointing at her, pointing at me, talking to people in the crowd, and has a psycho-mad look on his face.

I stand up and tell him to watch himself. He has an even angrier look on his facee, and yells out that he was just asking about my daughter. My immediate reaction, based upon his demeanor and attitude is that he really is a threat. I told him that if he messed with my daugher or family, I would kill him. I shouted all this across a 20 foot gap, and yes, everyone could here it, and it happened.

And I wasn't lying. If anybody messes with my family, I'm going to kill them as certainly as I possibly can.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Greg,

As a lawyer, don't you know that this is common-law assault?

"The assault offense was expanded to include menacing as well as actual attempts to do physical harm to another. It also generally included so called conditional assaults, i.e. situations where the actor threatened violence without justification or excuse if the victim did not engage in conduct demanded by the actor."

American Law Institute, Model Penal Code and Commentaries, Comment to Section 211.1 (192) at 175-84.

With defense-of-others caveats of course.

Wayf, 1L
Closed Thread