Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Sox Bullpen Questions

foulke to have MRI on knees, in case anybody didnt hear.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 AM

Interestingly enough, Wells has stated that he'd be willing to take the closer role. This is in spite of the fact that his incentives depend on him starting games.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interestingly enough, Wells has stated that he'd be willing to take the closer role. This is in spite of the fact that his incentives depend on him starting games.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't put much stock in it, and I'm sure his agent would ask for some things in his contract to be rewritten but that's pretty cool of the big doughnut. probably figures he can earn a paycheck while pitching 1/3 amount of the innings.

The more I think about it, the more I like going out and getting a good live arm or two. If it takes losing Hanley to make it back to the WS, then so be it. Hopefully the rest of baseball thinks as highly of him as most media members do.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't put much stock in it, and I'm sure his agent would ask for some things in his contract to be rewritten but that's pretty cool of the big doughnut. probably figures he can earn a paycheck while pitching 1/3 amount of the innings.

The more I think about it, the more I like going out and getting a good live arm or two. If it takes losing Hanley to make it back to the WS, then so be it. Hopefully the rest of baseball thinks as highly of him as most media members do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about Hanley. Pedroia is the much better prospect IMO.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:46 PM

removing foot from mouth......

schilling to begin pitching out of bullpen in pawtucket and when activated will be pitching out of sox pen. (per francona on weei)

speculation will be high as to why this is happening but i am thinking theo is a 2+2er and likes what toro had to say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 12:47 PM

Curt Schilling is going to be an excellent addition to the bullpen until he's back in form after the All-Star break.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curt Schilling is going to be an excellent addition to the bullpen until he's back in form after the All-Star break.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes not coming back until after the AS break, i suppose they are gonna play it by ear at that point.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:00 PM

whatever this is, the ONLY way it remains permanent (and by that i mean next year) is if schilling cant handle long periods on his ankle. i don't know how medically being on the ankle for 1 inning at a time 3-4 times a week compares to 7 innings once a week. hell this could just be until he feels more comfortable or maybe even posturing by the FO.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hes not coming back until after the AS break, i suppose they are gonna play it by ear at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Francona interview on EEI today, "Schilling will be available for bullpen duty after the All Star break." I think it's a great idea to get him back in form and give Theo time to grab someone before July 31st. Oh, and Schill is down with this idea, btw.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Francona interview on EEI today, "Schilling will be available for bullpen duty after the All Star break." I think it's a great idea to get him back in form and give Theo time to grab someone before July 31st. Oh, and Schill is down with this idea, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, your first post confused me. thought you meant he will be in bullpen like this weekend and will start after AS break.

lol, of course hes down with it. you think francona gets more pull than curt?

tito is cool, i like listening to his interviews. seems like a great guy. no wonder he didn't fit in Philly.