Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: PokerNow is detecting PV/PT or possibly PokerStove

I absolutely agree that multi-tabling should be banned too. Not that the sites would ever do such a thing, as they're just out to bleed every last dime of rake out of everyone. A live card room wouldn't let you play more than one table.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A live card room wouldn't let you play more than one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be hilarious
Old 06-22-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So yes better games, and on average weaker competition at the tables... I am all for it. It really would not hurt most pros either. instead of playing 8-tables on Party, maybe it becomes 4 on Party, 1 on UB, 2 on Paradise and 1 on Absolute. Might actually be good for the industry as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this anyway. But you want Party to restrict to 4 tables on their whole system so their most lucrative customers are forced to bring 1/2 their business elsewhere? What are you smoking? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 03:40 PM

FWIW, I just talked to Party Poker Support "Security Divison". The guy I talked to said that PokerTracker, GT, and PV are now indeed banned.

I asked if they were going to come out with something more specific on the issue, as the majority of users were unclear as to the specics.

He said I should write an e-mail. I told him others had done that, but had recieved no specific information. He told me again to send the e-mail.

If they actually enforce this, I would have no problem. However, they obviously are not enforcing at this point.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A live card room wouldn't let you play more than one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compelling argument. I think we have a winner.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely agree that multi-tabling should be banned too. Not that the sites would ever do such a thing, as they're just out to bleed every last dime of rake out of everyone. A live card room wouldn't let you play more than one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to stop equating live play with Internet play. They are completely different games.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
neither you or anyone else has ANY RIGHT to denigrate me for MY DECISION.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now you are saying that I don't have the right to choose who I play against, or whether I should play at all? Unless you are prepared to put a gun to my head and force me to sit at a particular table your statement is false.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is denigrating you for your decision here. It's the fact that you come here and act like a prick. You absolutely have the right to play against whomever you want. You are obviously exercising this right by sitting out. As a non-player, I'm not really sure what you can/do contribute to this forum. No one gives a [censored] if you play or what you feel about any of us. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I just talked to Party Poker Support "Security Divison". The guy I talked to said that PokerTracker, GT, and PV are now indeed banned.

I asked if they were going to come out with something more specific on the issue, as the majority of users were unclear as to the specics.

He said I should write an e-mail. I told him others had done that, but had recieved no specific information. He told me again to send the e-mail.

If they actually enforce this, I would have no problem. However, they obviously are not enforcing at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that funny seeing as the lead developer of PT worked hand in hand with Party while developing his software.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I find that funny seeing as the lead developer of PT worked hand in hand with Party while developing his software.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think Party won't ban PT because they worked with PT developers "hand in hand" then you are truly naive.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think Party won't ban PT because they worked with PT developers "hand in hand" then you are truly naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they wouldn't, I said I find it funny. I think after they do something like that is when I am perfectly fine with finding a new place to play.