Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 04:09 AM

Default A Confession

While this hand actually ocurred, I was not the hero. Someone in the 2+2 IRC chatroom was the T8s player, and he posted this badbeat on pokerhand.org, and we all laughed at the terrible play and the terrible beat.

Then B_Dids had this brilliant idea. He said someone should post this hand on 2+2 and pretend to be the hero with 43o, and try to defend the play.

I decided to do it as a joke, but I am shocked how many people took me seriously. I would never play a hand similar to the one this hand played, and can't believe people have considered this as a possibly good play.

I have to say my favorite part of the thread was El Diablo. I told someone to start thinking on the next level, and Diablo quoted this, and said something to the effect of, "ZJ, it looks like you need to start thinking on a previous level entirely." I promptly IMed him, told him that this hand was a joke, and he quickly deleted his post and replaced it with the one that is now in this thread.

Man, I really had everyone going. I called an $850 all-in in a pot under $300 with the NUT LOW, and had people convinced I was serious, and even a few people convinced that this play was +ev. Some of you guys really need to learn to think for yourselves.

Well, I guess that's it. Flame away!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: A Confession

Honestly, when I've read El Diablo's "I'd say I probably pull something that looks like this once every three or so sessions", I laughed out loud. It's a pretty crazy thread. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 04:44 AM

nh.

though you didn't fool me for a second. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 05:23 AM

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 05-27-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While this hand actually ocurred, I was not the hero. Someone in the 2+2 IRC chatroom was the T8s player, and he posted this badbeat on pokerhand.org, and we all laughed at the terrible play and the terrible beat.

Then B_Dids had this brilliant idea. He said someone should post this hand on 2+2 and pretend to be the hero with 43o, and try to defend the play.

I decided to do it as a joke, but I am shocked how many people took me seriously. I would never play a hand similar to the one this hand played, and can't believe people have considered this as a possibly good play.

I have to say my favorite part of the thread was El Diablo. I told someone to start thinking on the next level, and Diablo quoted this, and said something to the effect of, "ZJ, it looks like you need to start thinking on a previous level entirely." I promptly IMed him, told him that this hand was a joke, and he quickly deleted his post and replaced it with the one that is now in this thread.

Man, I really had everyone going. I called an $850 all-in in a pot under $300 with the NUT LOW, and had people convinced I was serious, and even a few people convinced that this play was +ev. Some of you guys really need to learn to think for yourselves.

Well, I guess that's it. Flame away!

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the mid-,high-stakes PL/NL forum= pwned [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

zee, nice to see that you dont take everything so seriously. well done.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:08 AM

Anybody else who called BS feel they just passed some sort of test?
Old 05-27-2005, 08:10 AM

Nice ! I didnt reply to this thread because I would have been very rude, and after reading your mtt reports I didnt want to do that !
Old 05-27-2005, 10:39 AM

Here's the highlights from the chat transcript.

<B_Dids> we need to get a very respected poster
<B_Dids> to post XXXX's hand
<B_Dids> from the 43o perpective
<orbflux> page diablo
<B_Dids> mike l. would be a good choice, because people seem to fawn over his idiot plays
<B_Dids> Diablo would be too obvious a joke, we need somebody humorless
<B_Dids> or at least with that perception
<B_Dids> ZeeJustin?
<ZeeJustin> hi
<ZeeJustin> i see my name
<kipin> zee we have a favor
<kipin> want to post a joke hand in the midhigh nl?
<kipin> http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...amp;hand=xxxxx
<kipin> you would post from the perspective of 43o
<B_Dids> and you have a slightly better change of being taken seriously
<ZeeJustin> i dont think there's any chance
<ZeeJustin> what would i say?
<B_Dids> I think the topic for our post is "Image Play"
<B_Dids> "Image Play + Backdoor Draws"
<cnfuzzd> buster???
<ZeeJustin> oooh, image play, i didn't think of that

ZJ did an amazing job and really ran with this. I have since removed him from my "humorless" list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-27-2005, 10:51 AM

The best was augie, after he goes and posts about 5 serious replies.

me : um dude, just thought i better tell you, that whole zeej thread is a joke.
augie : yeah, i figured.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Taking Marginal -EV Spots to Set Up a Profitable Image

Obviously I'm not going to make this play against a table full of multi-tablers that already know exactly how I play. I didn't have a significant # of pokertracker hands with any of the players at the table, so I knew for sure that these guys were still forming their opinion of me. Also, I didn't recognize their names, so they probably aren't multitablers.

You realize that the fact that -you- don't have a large number of hands played against these particular opponents doesn't mean that -they- don't have a large number of the hands you've played against other opponents... right?