Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: New Party T&C\'s on Pop-up

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't get one either.

Maybe they just popped up on specific accounts. Like the ones that have multiple skin accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get one either - I only have a Party account although I'll be setting up accounts at Empire and Eurobet in the next week.

What I don't get is, say I'm some random guy that sees all these ads for poker sites during the WPT. I see ads for Party and Empire that interest me, so I decide to make accounts for both. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no indication given to the average person that Empire and Party are on the same network. Am I wrong about that? If I'm not, then I don't see how they can go after you for playing at more than one skin, until the specifically state you cannot have an Empire/Eurobet/etc. account if you have a Party account. The average person has no idea about this "Shared Game/Table Platform" that they are referring to.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't get is, say I'm some random guy that sees all these ads for poker sites during the WPT. I see ads for Party and Empire that interest me, so I decide to make accounts for both. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no indication given to the average person that Empire and Party are on the same network. Am I wrong about that? If I'm not, then I don't see how they can go after you for playing at more than one skin, until the specifically state you cannot have an Empire/Eurobet/etc. account if you have a Party account. The average person has no idea about this "Shared Game/Table Platform" that they are referring to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered the same thing. In fact, I was planning on giving that as my response if they ever asked me about it (acting like I didn't know what they meant by shared platform). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wondered the same thing. In fact, I was planning on giving that as my response if they ever asked me about it (acting like I didn't know what they meant by shared platform). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be my plan if I ever get hassled. Until they put a question during registration that asks you to check the name of any sites you currently play at or something along those lines, they can't reasonably expect people to know Eurobet and Party are the same thing. Although, I guess the key word there is "reasonably"...
Old 05-26-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that didn't get a pop-up with the new T&C's when I logged in today?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get anything either. I did empty my account though. If this is party's way of going after gnomes I'm all for it. If not, I don't get the weekly pissing in everyone's corn flakes.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:35 PM

I didn't see the pop-up as well. Perhaps they are receiving too many calls and they decided to just take it down.

I think it's obvious that Party wants to avoid a user from having multiple accounts on the main site for purposes of cashing in multiple bonuses. Makes sense.

I think they also are attempting to get players to stop leaving Party to join the skins for rakeback and such.

I don't think they mind if we are playing both; afterall if they did make us stop, they would lose a lot of business to their competitors.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:36 PM

The pop up message has now been changed and doesn't show the T&C's seen earlier. I suspect they were getting phone calls that no-one knew how to handle so they removed it.

If so, then quite why they've taken that step is a mystery to me. After all, it seems like they don't know how to handle most phone calls!

Sheriff
Old 05-26-2005, 05:39 PM

I just 8-tabled for an hour on party/euro and haven't seen the partypolice just yet. Maybe we were jumping to conclusions ( hopefully)
Old 05-26-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that didn't get a pop-up with the new T&C's when I logged in today?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also did not.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:01 PM

Just logged in and didn't get the pop-up.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:08 PM

I got it earlier today and now I don't. They took it away...end of story.