Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: At What Limit Will I Not See This?

I'm not generally a high-limit player, but I've sat 80/160 and 100/200 a few times. There wasn't much donking around in those games, but they weren't the crazy-hard games I expected before I sat.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:17 AM

Its funny how upset people get over posts like this. Please just let this thread die. Its so sad that this has the most hits on the mid-high strategy forum recently. Nala should read some books and try to understand their contents but theres nothing we can do to make him.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: rigoletto

[ QUOTE ]
One of the reasons I started this post is because I want to learn as much as possible as quick as possible and I know that wont happen at a table fuul of fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong, because you don't learn poker by playing poker, you learn poker by studying poker. Individual events in poker are too far removed from their statistical average outcomes that it's impossible to derive any value from the results of any one specific hand.

Also, here is a very easy example of why you're wrong in the table full of fish idea. AA against 9 random hands wins 31% of the time, if all hands stay in until the end. So say you're playing 5-10 and all streets are capped. That's (20+20+40+40) * 10 = 1200 in the pot. You win this pot 31% of the time so your expected win is $1200 * .31 + 0 * .69 = $372. That means you are profitting $252 every time you play in this situation on average.

You mistakenly think that you need to win more pots to do well in poker when in actuallity you only need to win more money to do well in poker.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 PM

The minute I stop seeing this at a certain limit is the minute I switch limits

Thankfully that will probably never happen