Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: I never heard Rush Limbaugh say anything racist.

Would you advocate cutting funding to the military as of right now?

How about military pay?

Housing for military families?

Funding for the best equipment possible(e.g. body armor and armor for Humvees)?

Life insurance for soldeirs who died in service of his nation?

Your choice we cut which of the following?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:02 PM

My son's school is taking them on a field trip next week to see an art exhibition. I remember when I was a kid the Mona Lisa was brought to New York and the entire school went to the Met to see it. (Alas, I was ill and missed it.)
Sometimes the schools themselves see fit to have the kids "skip" school for another type of educational experience.

If Mel Gibson had suggested kids skip school to see The Passion of the Christ, do you think Limbaugh would have suggested the kids go the whole route and loot and set fire to the theater too?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you advocate cutting funding to the military as of right now?

How about military pay?

Housing for military families?

Funding for the best equipment possible(e.g. body armor and armor for Humvees)?

Life insurance for soldeirs who died in service of his nation?

Your choice we cut which of the following?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao Zax. I'm not suggesting cutting any of that. In facts I think that the troops deserve armor right now. Why aren't some of them getting body armor? Why aren't some Humvees armored? Why aren't they getting paid better. The pay is pretty shittay bud. So are the death benefits.

The vast majority of the Pentagon budget goes to antiquated weapons systems that we don't need. The Pentagon's budget for this year doesn't even include the cost of fighting in Iraq. Those will be displayed in a supplemental.

So get a clue. Our military is huge because rich, Republican, corporatist, anti-capitalist pigs run companies like Lockheed Martin that get huge defense contracts.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His only problem was, when given the national spotlight on Monday Night Football, he forgot that sending his racist "code words" -- You know he is smart enough not to sit there and chant "N*gger N*gger N*gger", but just kind of refer to the "blacks can't be quarterbacks" thing for the troops back home -- well, he wasn't broadcasting to his "angry white american" crowd of ditto heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rush's infamous NFL remarks were accusing the media of racism (by giving too much credit to a specific quarterback because he wasn't white), and had nothing to do with the actual capabilities of black quarterbacks in general. He did not say "blacks can't be quaterbacks." Get your facts straight.

Also, look at Rush's comments 3 weeks prior on the same show about how the league's minority interviewing requirements for coaches would lead to tokenism and may end up actually hurting capable black coaches. Rush got no points for that one. I guess when conservatives say things that are pro-minority, they don't count.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:45 PM

He said that McNabb was overrated, and that he was being hyped by the media because the media wanted a black quarterback to succeed.

McNabb isn't overrated.
He wasn't being hyped by the media because the media wanted a black quarterback to succeed.

Compare the media coverage that McNabb has gotten to the coverage that Elway had and Brady has received.

Rush just likes to work in subtle bits of racism into everything he does.

But what do you expect from an Oxycontin addict? 37 pills a day. Boy that's a lot.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:48 PM

Old 03-16-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...if only because it distracts us from the issue of Westerners having stolen the whole frickin continent away from them. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you steal from people who didn't believe in property in the first place?
Old 03-16-2005, 06:03 PM

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too." -Rush Limbaugh

I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of drug abuse. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you're making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that.' -Rush Limbaugh

If [Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders] wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them." -Rush Limbaugh

Rush Limbaugh meanwhile, partakes in massive Oxycontin (aka Hillbilly Heroin) use that he buys off his trashy maid in walgreens parking lots and such. His credibilty is ZERO, and any debate involving him is pointless, because hes a fraud. End of story.

Im not even going to mention that fact that he dodged Vietnam because he had a boil on his fat azz.

Flame me, I dont care, not like Limbaugh fans will ever relent and admit hes ever wrong. Its pointless to argue with robots.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read both his books(the way things ought to be and see I told you so), and I concluded that he was a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read your posts on here about affirmative action and concluded the same. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Mere bagatelles

[ QUOTE ]
M wrote "That is true to some extent, BUT it isn't going to happen with "ask"/"ax" and "boil"/"burl". Obviously."

Again, how can you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if every white talk show host gets accused of racism when he says "ax," there's a good chance it won't ever be accepted as standard English. How is one to celebrate cultural diversity if he's not allowed to actually explore those cultures?

BTW, this is really good watermelon.