Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: anyone elses dad an [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
the key difference being you own that joint.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look, what I hear you saying is that you don't want to rent an apartment or a house, because it's like throwing away money. I agree, in the same sense that I agree that interest is throwing away money. Here's a real-life example that I talked to my friend about, after he recently bought a place.

He and his wife had been renting an apartment for about $700/ mo for almost two years. He apparantly got tired of "throwing money down the rent drain," and went and bought house. The house isn't that big, and isn't really nicer to live in than than the apartment he was in - in fact, the location is even less convenient than the apartment.

He is paying $1450/ mo to buy the house. About $1100 of that is currently going toward interest. That means he's really only buying the house at a pace of $350/mo (this will gradually increase as he pays off the principle). He's paying $400/ mo more in interest than he was paying in rent. Had he stayed in the apartment for another two years, and instead of getting a mortgage put the extra $750/ mo in a savings account he would be better off. He could have put an additional $18,000 down and been over $9,000 ahead of paying off the house than if he had gotten the mortgage two years earlier.

This is a long way of saying that, if you're willing to get a loan to pay for the house, that same money that you would be wasting on rent will now get wasted on interest. I'm sure you can understand this concept.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:46 AM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thats fine....have a nice miserable life

[/ QUOTE ]

Any mate you find can forget about the nice part.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell that to the guys i date/am with....they dont seem to have a problem

or maybe im totally diluted and its all just sex and money

[/ QUOTE ]are you a girl?
Old 02-26-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats not young, thats unmotivated with life with no drive - young is the oppisite of that - they have passions but possible no direction as in they dont know which path to choose - not a lack of passion for ANYTHING....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely false.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:50 AM

Again, anyone who spells words like "you" as "u", can't be taken seriously.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:54 AM

Yes im a girl....and AC...i dont care who takes me seriously its not my problem

My opinions r mine...they arent always right for everyone but i wont change what i think and i will always voice it no matter how much critism im gonna get...and if u have an issue with the way i type then block me
Old 02-26-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My opinions r mine...they arent always right for everyone but i wont change what i think and i will always voice it no matter how much critism im gonna get...and if u have an issue with the way i type then block me

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have an issue with you replying to my messages.
Of course, you are allowed to have your own opinions.
Why would you think I had a problem with that?
Just because I think you are wrong?

But -

It sounds like you might have a problem with people voicing their opinions if they happen disagree with you, which I do.

I also have the right to point out how foolish your ideas are..
I compltely disagree with you in every way in this thread.
You are wrong.

And yes, spelling words that way only makes you look stupider.

If you have a problem with that, you can block me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't act like anything you say should be taken seriously, and you do act that way.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:58 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
btw am i really alone in this? is there nobody else who has no PASSION in life? i have things i like to do.. just nothing that i could get paid to do. it's not like i don't enjoy life, i love it! but i was talking about jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, how much traveling have you done? The trips I take to different countries and states from time to time have really given me a different outlook on life, along with opening up many opportunities.

You mention how expensive it would be to get a place where you live, but do you really have to live there? I don't know, it just sounds like you've been stuck in that Northeast cold for too long and you need to see something fresh to stimulate your mind.

I'm going to Brazil in August for 6 months and it's only going to cost me about $4,000-$5,000. Throw in the minimal poker that I will be playing down there and it might not cost much at all.

Just some thoughts man.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i love to travel. i am all over the place, and have all kinds of trips planned all around the world in the next few months. i also am interested in living in italy and trying to find work there for a period of time.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:01 AM

i have no problem with other peoples opinions...ive been told im wrong and called a bitch and u dont see me freaking out! If i had a problem i would block whoever but noone on here would ever bother me that much...so its not an issue. And i type on boards as it is convinent for me (short hand)...im not here to present myself as some smart person and dont care if i appear one way or another...i am what i am
Old 02-26-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw am i really alone in this? is there nobody else who has no PASSION in life? i have things i like to do.. just nothing that i could get paid to do. it's not like i don't enjoy life, i love it! but i was talking about jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, how much traveling have you done? The trips I take to different countries and states from time to time have really given me a different outlook on life, along with opening up many opportunities.

You mention how expensive it would be to get a place where you live, but do you really have to live there? I don't know, it just sounds like you've been stuck in that Northeast cold for too long and you need to see something fresh to stimulate your mind.

I'm going to Brazil in August for 6 months and it's only going to cost me about $4,000-$5,000. Throw in the minimal poker that I will be playing down there and it might not cost much at all.

Just some thoughts man.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i love to travel. i am all over the place, and have all kinds of trips planned all around the world in the next few months. i also am interested in living in italy and trying to find work there for a period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there is a start...find a job where u can travel alot! That way even if u dont like the "job" 100% ur still doing something u like
Old 02-26-2005, 06:02 AM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky

[ QUOTE ]
Yes im a girl

[/ QUOTE ] you had me at this.

Thank you.