Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: What should happen to the New Orleans looters?

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the people who believe that the looting should be ignored or tolerated

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you understand there is a wide gulf between ignoring and tolerating looters and shooting them.

I think there was a post where you admitted the police might have other priorities and that that is fine, so don't assume some of the early posts where people said nothing should be done didn't just mean that resources are better deployed elsewhere.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: What should happen to the Card Cheats?

Just to put it in perspective --

What do you think should happen to card cheats?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: What should happen to the Card Cheats?

[ QUOTE ]
Just to put it in perspective --

What do you think should happen to card cheats?

[/ QUOTE ]

They should be shot and its not even close

Stu
Old 09-01-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it really pisses me off how many god damned pussies there are.

Bottom line if I were given the choice between killing you are letting you steal my property. Your mother is digging a hole everytime and I really don't give a [censored] what you think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Please!

Spare us the macho BS...

The majority of these people are robbing from well-insured stores who already have written-off the store and the merchandise, and the looters know this and so do the police.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I forgot about the magical insurance agencies who are able to conjur up money without any sort of cost to anyone what so ever making any type of theft excusable as long it was "insured".

It is a good thing the looters took the time to consider which places were insured and which weren't before deciding to make a bad situation worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

And shooting them is going to help? Or is it going to escalate a situation the overstressed New Orleans police (who are also homeless), can't control?

If your so concerned about insurance rates, and your such a tough guy gunslinger, go to New Orleans and exercise vigilante justice yourself on behalf of Walmart.

Frank
Old 09-01-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it really pisses me off how many god damned pussies there are.

Bottom line if I were given the choice between killing you are letting you steal my property. Your mother is digging a hole everytime and I really don't give a [censored] what you think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Please!

Spare us the macho BS...

The majority of these people are robbing from well-insured stores who already have written-off the store and the merchandise, and the looters know this and so do the police.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I forgot about the magical insurance agencies who are able to conjur up money without any sort of cost to anyone what so ever making any type of theft excusable as long it was "insured".

It is a good thing the looters took the time to consider which places were insured and which weren't before deciding to make a bad situation worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

And shooting them is going to help? Or is it going to escalate a situation the overstressed New Orleans police (who are also homeless), can't control?

If your so concerned about insurance rates, and your such a tough guy gunslinger, go to New Orleans and exercise vigilante justice yourself on behalf of Walmart.

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

If I do can I also send you there as a looter?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't reduce this to jaywalking. There is no victim to a jaywalking.

[/ QUOTE ]
You said that you don't think someone being shot in the commission of a crime was an example of a cruel/unusual punishment. You didn't specify any type of crime.

How bout this: say a pickpocket steals your wallet and begins running down the street. Does he deserve death for this?

[ QUOTE ]
If I was ordered to evacuate (not requested), I would expect the police to protect the property.

[/ QUOTE ]
The police probably have better things to do than hunt down and murder people for stealing a tv. Like helping rescue people still stuck on their roofs!

As some previous posters have asked, what if the looters begin shooting back? You've just escalated a non-violent situation into a violent one in an area where very little medical help is available. Should the police be willing to die to protect some clothes from WalMart from being stolen? Should they be willing to kill to protect some clothes from being stolen?

Now, don't get me wrong. No one here is arguing that what the looters are doing is right. Many are arguing that the punishment for looting should not be instant death penalty without due process.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: What should happen to the New Orleans looters?.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] obviously; these looters are actually people with a good heart; they are just misunderstood: so; let's feel sorry for them; forgive them; actually open up several large store in the area; and allow them to enter thru open doors with adequate lighting so they can see what they are stealing; then since they do not have adequate help getting home; hire some workers to carry the stolen merchandise back to their residences; and of course give them some cash (at least 100,000.00 each so they can buy what they need when power is restored and will not be allowed to loot...

yup

that'll help 'em out

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] whoops..

oh, yeah, remember, since they were busy looting and stealing, they did not have an equal chance to academiclly and intellectually improve: therefore they should be given free and unlimitd admission to any academic program they want; even though this will mean someone actually prepared to handle the course load will be denied admission...does his sound familiar...lol..lol

trhink about it

gl

jmho

gl
Old 09-01-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: What should happen to the New Orleans looters?.

I sincerely hope all of your posts are satire.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See how nice cities turn into slums?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:55 AM

I saw a report on CNN just now where the head of a large private ambulance company had to supend operations because of the unsafe conditions caused by looters/thugs etc. They had ambulances attacked and turned over, generators needed to conduct operations stolen and people both workers and rescue victoms threatened.

This is precisely why I support the shooting of looters right from the get go. In times like these it is too difficult to get the needed things done and people helped with you have a small minority of people who decide to turn to lawlessness. I would have simply declared martial law, and given the police the following instrustions. One verbal warning to cease and then you get shot.