Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Protest Empire-Everyone withdraw balances

Can you read? Did you see the sentence "Granted, I would rather have the $500 bonus, but since I am getting my money out of there in protest - a nice free $50 is fine by me"? I am taking my money and leaving as I said in my earlier post.

Please don't try to turn this place into RGP, we don't need that.

Gojacketz
Old 09-29-2004, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Once they send an e-mail confirming the bonus....it is a contract

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately...gambling contracts aren't legal.....AND, other than using your money (taking it to Paradise, UB, etc)....you realy have no leverage on this. You gonna take them to court???

I'm taking my free $50 and working off my $75 bonus for initial sign up.....and then I'm pulling all monies out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The court of public opinion and reputation is what Empire should be worried about.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you read? Did you see the sentence "Granted, I would rather have the $500 bonus, but since I am getting my money out of there in protest - a nice free $50 is fine by me"? I am taking my money and leaving as I said in my earlier post.

Please don't try to turn this place into RGP, we don't need that.

Gojacketz

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously one of the Empire affilates afraid of losing money now that alot of your players are canceling their accounts.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:58 AM

Default I have recieved some positive news from empire!!

Here it is:

Dear Ian,

Thank you for contacting us.

With regards to your e-mail, I regret to inform you that this is as per our management's decision. Based on your last deposit amount, this bonus has been added to your real money account directly as a matter of good faith from our side.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I agree that you could have received the HOTSEP bonus on another deposit. We will issue to you another bonus of 10% of your deposit amount to a maximum of $50 on your next deposit. Please go ahead and make your deposit and contact us and we will issue the bonus amount. All you will need to do is play 5 times the bonus amount in raked hands for the bonus to be released.

We do realize that a mere bonus issued does not compensate for the time and energy you have spent on the site. Please rest assured that we are working on towards improving all aspects of EmpirePoker.com and are confident we will provide you with the best gaming experience as we have done in the past.We would be coming up with new promotions in future and would inform you the same via email.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Deepti
Poker Customer Care

--Original Message--
Date: 2004-09-29 08:58
To: "info@empirepoker.com" <info@empirepoker.com>
Subject: Re: Bonus details [#1707063]

I have just logegd into my empire account and have seen that you have
credited my account with $50.

Although this is appreciated, the way in which you have credited the
money is not acceptable.

I recieved an email last night informing me that I could use a reload
code (HOTSEP) to gain a 10% bonus up to $100.

I now don't have the option to use this reload code to recieve the
full bonus as you have used this code to credit me $50 for your
initial mistake!

I feel like I have had an additonal $550 win through playing at your
site stolen from me.

Your urgent response as to how this situation will be rectified would
be greatly appreciated.

regards,

-------------------------------------------------

So at least I will be able to gain a $50 bonus with only a 250 hand playthrough which is more than they could of given.

Any one else recieve anything similar?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:59 AM

Default Gimme a break (cross-posted from other silly Boycott thread)

Hey, we took a shot. Making a pricing error does NOT obligate a store to honor a price. Amazon and many other internet outlets (not to mention B&Ms) have made such errors in the past, and generally just cancel out all unfulfilled orders. Empire did not steal anything from anyone. It is also -EV to do this on purpose, as many have suggested Empire did. Signing people up, then pissing them off is not a good business move.

Bottom line: Empire screwed up, recognized the mistake and tossed everyone $50 to apologize. Get over it.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:59 AM

Haha, wow, you figured me out. I am hoping to keep my affiliates there by posting that I am taking my money and closing my account. Reverse psychology doesn't only work on children, but on the poker player too, I suppose.

Masterful reading job, are your player reading skills on the same level? If so, where do you play and when?

Gojacketz
Old 09-29-2004, 02:24 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

I bet if you were a Jew in 1939 and Hitler put you on a train to Auschweitz you would of been saying what a nice guy Hitler was to give you a free train ride.

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS
Old 09-29-2004, 03:46 PM

http://www.empirepoker.com/offers/st...onditions.html

2. EmpirePoker.com reserves the right to send particular promotions to particular players. Promotional offers are intended for the addressed recipient only and cannot be transferred. If you are not the intended recipient, then the offer is null and void.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. EmpirePoker.com reserves the right to send particular promotions to particular players. Promotional offers are intended for the addressed recipient only and cannot be transferred. If you are not the intended recipient, then the offer is null and void.

[/ QUOTE ]

The interesting thing is, though, they build protections into the reload bonuses they give to empty accounts and such so that not everybody can use the bonus code. But suddenly when they make this even more lucrative bonus designed for certain people they fail to build in that protection? Some heads are rolling over at Empire for sure.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Gimme a break (cross-posted from other silly Boycott thread)

The way I see it we all tried to defraud Empire out of $500 by using a bonus code that we were ineligible to use. It didn't work.

How did Empire respond to our attempted fraud? They gave us free money and we didn't even have to pay any rake to get it.

What are we complaining about?