Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: rusty??

I picked up a few Federovs yesterday. He has a nice voice, but more importantly has a good story and the nice-kid next door quality that carried Clay.

I also have a few Nadia (undervalued compared to Vonzell I think), and a few David Brown (he was one of the best in the auditions but was pretty lousy Monday - think it might've been nerves).

Only bet a little but it makes watching the show with my wife more fun!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i don't think federov has any 'easy' chance of making the 4. there are much more talented singers/performers in the competition and his female attraction probably cuts off at age 11. basically everybody i know that watches (friends, coworkers, etc) including women are already sick of the throat surgery angle. they're jaded pricks like me but i don't think the story has much steam left in it. aiken was a lovable nerd, federov is young/effeminate/callow and not a true nerd.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:21 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: american idol *lock*

i wouldn't expect many people to doubt that anwar will advance far in the competition. i think nadia is a fine choice, she should make it further as well. anwar can outsing her but she has charisma. it's interesting how unclear the effects of that are so far, we need to knock some more of the chaff out to see where things stand in that department. i would definitely put anwar over her but i think she will advance to the 10.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and if mikalah does not drop the JAP/streisand schtick, she will not play to middle or southern america.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I live in the NYC area and no one I know can stand this girl either...

scary thing is that every year there's always one "goof" contestant that advances far just because people think it would be funny to see a bad singer win it. Think she might be that person this year. She can't win but her annoying personality gives her a chance to stick around a while.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ANWAR ROBINSON(31249) $13

while nobody else here seems to like him, i think this your best play by far on that list.

anwar is awesome and i have been looking at him hard for a while.

the rest of your buys are good for toilet paper

[/ QUOTE ]

as soon at everyone realizes that he looks like the guys from milli vanilli he will be gone the next episode.

mark my word.

Also, the fact that they didn't vote that fat retard off the show last night shocked me. Sick shades tool!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the fact that they didn't vote that fat retard off the show last night shocked me. Sick shades tool!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was so close to depositing $10,000 so I could short 100 contracts and make $200
Old 02-24-2005, 01:50 PM

he's definitely losing soon. i know buying runs up the market price pretty quick, so presumably a flurry of shorts will do the same in the inverse direction (probably affecting sell price not buy).
Old 02-24-2005, 02:22 PM

Worst case scenario I lose $200

exactly, these bets should just be for fun. the only action you should be taking now are highly speculative buys just like you did. as you said, it makes the show 100 times more fun to watch. tivo helps too if you have no paitence for the 5 minute comm breaks, buffer 20 minutes.

i lost 150 on judd. i just moved another 200 over and i can assure you that they will all be $3-$6 buys that have little chance.

the only thing i am semi serious on thus far is making some profit off blondie boy and i am at almost 100 contracts collected (tho 22 of those are owned by a fellow poster who piggybacked because he does not have a wsex acct) i don't think blondie boy can win. he can however, easily return 25 points or more profit if the childhood throat problem gets some airplay. this profit will allow me to freeroll my purchase of whomever i think will win it (if not him).

but again, imo, carrie is soooo much better than ANY female at all and i think all money should be on her if you want a female. but it is too early to pick a winner and WAYYY to early to pay 25 for her in a 20 person field.

to put carrie and mario's (over)pricing in perspective, i think only 4 contestants TOTAL ever hit that share price last season, and certainly not before the final 12 were picked.

there is another VERY profitable play imo, and that is buying the male field MINUS mario and scott.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:30 PM

I think the rockers will do pretty well, at this point I am looking for survivors not winners. I really think Lindsey is not a bad bet.

i love the rockers. bo has a voice that is amazing and constantine has that jim morrison thing happening that the chickies will love.

lindsey.. hmm. remember julia dimatto? she looks like her and methinks has the same future as her. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

re: your nice comments on me posting again, i have to admit that i have only been reading the 2 idol threads and a thread here and there. i could not tell you what the hell a brown thumb is and all the other stuff going on here. the volume of posts in this forum is out of hand, but i'll catch up next week. how is our friend?? say hello for me, ok?
Old 02-24-2005, 02:33 PM

they're jaded pricks like me

occasional self analysis is good. it is even better when it is 100% accurate.

i did not say anthony would top 4. he may. i just have not seen enough. but i bought him at 5 so he does not need to top 4 for me to make nice scratch.