Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Utterly embarrassing and honest confessions of a 1 year pro

[ QUOTE ]
I set my mind to one thing, attack it, and move on to another area of my life once I feel that I am finished

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why some of the people in this thread will never understand you. Keep it up though, it is the way of an artist and the road to an interesting and unusual life away from the norm.

And starting looking for that soul mate or it may all feel less complete.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you had some really negative things to say, that do not benefit me in anyway

[/ QUOTE ]
This could not be further from the truth. While they might have been worded in a way that was not to your liking... the negative comments are only accenting things you pointed out yourself. How can you talk about brtual honesty but then get all fussy when people are brtually honest with you? I know you might be "ignoring" him... but Paluka's first reply of decent length was right on the money. The bottom line is that you have most likely made some mistakes. You also realize you made them but you want to pick and choose who says it and how they say it.

Good luck. And I mean that. Because I am sure you are a good kid deep down inside. Go outside and get some friends. If i had to choose between my friends and poker I would never look at this site or a single card or chip ever again. And it's not close.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:36 PM

paluka obviously has something against me. he has always had crap to say in my posts and therefore i choose to ignore him. i also choose to ignore some of the other posts in this thread for similiar reasons.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
paluka obviously has something against me. he has always had crap to say in my posts and therefore i choose to ignore him. i also choose to ignore some of the other posts in this thread for similiar reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine. Just read Andy's post then.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you had some really negative things to say, that do not benefit me in anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

This could not be further from the truth. While they might have been worded in a way that was not to your liking... the negative comments are only accenting things you pointed out yourself. How can you talk about brtual honesty but then get all fussy when people are brtually honest with you? I know you might be "ignoring" him... but Paluka's first reply of decent length was right on the money. The bottom line is that you have most likely made some mistakes. You also realize you made them but you want to pick and choose who says it and how they say it.

Good luck. And I mean that. Because I am sure you are a good kid deep down inside. Go outside and get some friends. If i had to choose between my friends and poker I would never look at this site or a single card or chip ever again. And it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all i appreciate the courage and honesty of your post; however i must agree with what tpir is saying about you being touchy about some of the feedback you are getting.

Unfortunately, when you decide to drop your pants in a cry for help like this you have to be ready for a few needles, particularly when you have been a self-confessed arogant ass much of the time on this forum. You asked for it, so learn as much as you can from this experience (from both your supporters and detractors). Ultimately, you have created every facet of the world in which you find yourelf, the more responsiblity for it you accept the greater your ability to move forward. The fist step in really enjoying life, wherever it may be taking you, is to come to terms with and accept yourself as a person.

I wish you all the best in this difficult time.

Cheers,
the Real Macoy
Old 06-24-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you had some really excellent things to say, I appreciate that. Some of you had some really negative things to say, that do not benefit me in anyway, and I do not appreciate that. Hey, negative comments are bound to come with a thread that contains so much open material that it makes it easy for someone to take shots at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those people just are. not. cool. Period.

Very open and honest post, I truly enjoyed reading it and it made me step back and take a look at my own life. I am very far from making a living off playing poker, but my profits do rival my minimum wage income (I am 18 and live with my parents). I have spent many a late night playing poker online, often losing sleep over a bad beat or a mistake in my strategy. I have realized that my hobby has become an addiction strictly on the self-reflection that came from reading your post, and for that I thank you.

I am going to start running as you and several other posters have inspired me to do so. My advice to you is not to take life so seriously. Get drunk, smoke weed, go skinny dipping... whatever. Just be open and energetic to complete strangers and they will match your energy. The few who don't are not worth being friends with anyway (kind of like filtering out the small suited connectors with a pre-flop raise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])...

You're the man.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:18 PM

Dude, congrats on being way ahead of the pack money wise. But seriously, maybe going to college will open your eyes to new things as in developing a core of friends you can trust and hangout with. Getting piss drunk with the same crowd will do that to you.

Definitely stick to poker till you got a million in your bank account. Then when you retire at 30, you'll be glad you stuck to your goals of playing more and getting better at the game.

Enjoy this youth where days are long and you got lots of time on your hands. And thanks for sharing a brutally honest post of what semi-pros go through from time to time.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:42 PM

Paluka is right you are a bit of a tosser.

Way too arrogant you say some real dumb [censored] as well, those ego posts dont help much either.

As far as losing weight that is a good start to personal improvement. You probably want to get some weights as well not just run on a treadmill.

Personally I dont think going to a gym and seeing a bunch of buff guys is going to motivate you to do more exercise its probably going to make you feel out of place.

Diet is also very important no good exercising if you are gonna eat takeaway and frozen foods all the time.

One other thing you should probably try to get of the house a bit more. Do some of your walking around the neighbourhood.

Try to schedule some poker free days and work on some other areas of your life.

Being good at poker doesnt just involve being good at poker if you know what I mean.

Good luck
Old 06-22-2005, 07:54 PM

despite appearing to be helpful, your advice also isnt welcomed in my threads due to past experiences.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:22 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
despite appearing to be helpful, your advice also isnt welcomed in my threads due to past experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can deal with his tone he actually has a lot of good stuff to say and he doesn't BS