Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 11:19 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Empire State Poker Series, Turning Stone *Official Thread*

I was playing 30/60 there yesterday. worst game ever.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:12 AM

i found the 15/30 wasn't very good with only one really evidnet soft spot. an endless supply of bad playing, but too tight passive to make much money from seem to play the 15/30 after 4pm, making it a good game only before the 30/60 opens up which is somewhere between 7am and noon.

talking to rory and drG, it sounded like the 30/60 can be a pretty good game but its pretty hit or miss

stealthcow-
Old 08-18-2005, 01:23 AM

I'll be up there thursday night, playing the 10/20 if I can get a seat and 5/10 till one opens up.

edit: I'm drunk, and forgot I already posted in this thread, disregard!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 PM

leaving in a half hour or so. i'll be there around 8pm looking for akshawn.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:58 PM

I was there a few weekends ago. it's more relaxed, but all the games are spread. interestingly, when I was there, there was a couple I think was trying to distract the cameras. I might post about it later. there was a big game going on from like 9 or 10 pm to 3 am on friday and saturday. dont know about the weekdays.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:22 PM

Hey fellas, I got to TS yesterday at around 8pm and played in a 3/6 game, which was remarkably soft. I didn't run into anyone but saw a Jerry Springer look-a-like waiting at the game desk. The resemblance was uncanny. Five hours later I left the game +20bb to ask for a room at the Inn at the poker rate ($60) and got this response: "There's no poker rate this week. Everything is booked solid." So I went home.

Since 3/6 seemed pretty beatable, I'll probably start playing 5/10 and up starting next time. Oh, and for anyone still there, go to the Emerald Diner and have yourself an "Eggs Oscar" if you haven't tried it. It's delicious.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey fellas, I got to TS yesterday at around 8pm and played in a 3/6 game, which was remarkably soft. I didn't run into anyone but saw a Jerry Springer look-a-like waiting at the game desk. The resemblance was uncanny. Five hours later I left the game +20bb to ask for a room at the Inn at the poker rate ($60) and got this response: "There's no poker rate this week. Everything is booked solid." So I went home.

Since 3/6 seemed pretty beatable, I'll probably start playing 5/10 and up starting next time. Oh, and for anyone still there, go to the Emerald Diner and have yourself an "Eggs Oscar" if you haven't tried it. It's delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that theres not poker rate... There just no vacancy. I was there a few days tearing up the 200 max, ill be heading bck up monday spending 3 day playing 200 max 5-10, maybe 10-20. Decided to sit the big tourts out, instead of blowing my all my 200 max profits and a healthy chunk of bankroll on them. Gl to everyone there. O and monday throught wendseday, ill have a Orange and white ( with a T on the lid) Texas long horns hat on if anyone wants to hit me up with a sup bro!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:26 AM

the 2+2 1-5 stud was ridiculous.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:59 PM

This threads out of control maybe its time for a new one for the rest of the week.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 AM

So are there any updates on the story of Veronica O?