Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: **A Plan for Cleaning Up OOT

But what about people like "spaceman"Bryce? Half the people here ignored him and made him leave, but I, for one, found him to be quite the teacher. Please, don't deny me the next spaceman despite the signal/noise ratio.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:29 AM

as we have discussed, im totally down for this. I think people are missing a few things....

1) we are not regulating what gets posted in the OOT forum. Given that twoplustwo publishing wants to maintain strict control over thier online forums, which is completely within their rights, they have thusfar not allowed self-moderation of any specific forum. Some of us feel that this is a problem. However, given that we will not suddenly become magical gnomes that can make posts disappear vis a vis cia abduction tactics, your crappy ass posts will still be allowed. God knows why.

2) Some of us are in OOT for a specific reason, to engage in random, somewhat intelligent (or at least humorous as we percieve it) discussion about things other than poker. Lately, a certain segment of the OOT population has noticed a trend away from what we want 'our' OOT to be, and we have been distressed by it. Those who claim we are mucking up OOT even more with our whiney assed posts are probably correct, thus we are offering a different solution.

3)Participation in this group is entirely voluntary, as long as you are an acceptable member of the group. Simply put, if i decide that im tired of not reading 20 posts of people quoting one dumbass who realized that "stick it in her pooper" was a good way to not come up with a witty response, then i can opt out of the group. No mafiaso hitmen will stalk me, no strange flying craft will whisk me away and probe my nether regions.

4)This is a group whose goal is NOT to create a seperate community within OOT, but instead point out that, while OOT is all about random topics, noise can still exist in this forum. Not only can it exist, but it does, in high quantity. We simply are going to cut down on the noise that is included in our 2+2 experience. We can do this, because unlike the strategy forums where a variety of posters of many different stripes post on all subjects where that cross mix is the value in those forums, here in OOT, most of the posters that we feel are not living up to what we want OOT to be can be nixed across the board. They are the posters who day in and day out are making replies that we simply dont find amusing. Thats not thier fault. We just dont want to read it anymore. (An argument can be made that we will be limiting our exposure to these posters in forums outside OOT, but frankly, most of those im tired of reading about are not really posting alot in the strategy forums.)

5) If you dont agree with what we are doing, TOUGH. Just like it is your privledge to use this forum to whatever extent is allowed by the T&C's, we can do the same. This is not a clique, or a gestapo like enforcement of the rules. This is, typically, the older siblings saying they are tired of mixing with the younger siblings. Thats life. Get used to it.

buster, as i have taken the more drastic solution of dealing with oot by just not reading it, im not really sure who should be on either list, but i am completely behind this.

peace

john nickle
Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here in OOT, most of the posters that we feel are not living up to what we want OOT to be can be nixed across the board. They are the posters who day in and day out are making replies that we simply dont find amusing. Thats not thier fault. We just dont want to read it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of the current structure of OOT makes it impossible for you to avoid reading so-called unamusing posts?

KJS
Old 05-26-2005, 07:38 AM

i would never want to belong to a group that would have aomeone like me as a member
Old 05-26-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would never want to belong to a group that would have aomeone like me as a member

[/ QUOTE ]

Oscar Wilde
Old 05-26-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oscar Wilde

[/ QUOTE ]

Groucho Marx
Old 05-26-2005, 08:31 AM

Yeah you're right, got them confused, im owned!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:46 AM

If I bring you the head of the Jesus spammer can I be in?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:16 AM

You're missing a bunch of awesome posters (as you probably know). I didn't see bruiser, mason55, or myself.

Also, I know there are bad feelings towards Jake but really, how much does "Put it in her pooper" or "Get her drunk, then call her" really hurt the forum?

The point is that it would be impossible to include all of the good posters. Not to mention the fact that good noob's come and that some people change. Or is that already covered in your plan as well?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:28 AM

Some people seem to be taking this as we will refuse to read anybody's posts but those who are members. That's not what this is. We're basically just getting a bunch of people together who we have mutual respect for and allow them a say or a vote in who we, as a group, choose to ignore. That doesn't mean we ignore all non-members. Including all deserving posters probably is impossible, yes, but that is not necessary for this to work.

GoT