Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: WSOP Day 1A: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
i think the funniest thing so far at this years WSOP is the fake poo card protector.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think it's fake?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:30 AM

BRING BACK THE MULLET.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-07 16:45:00
Title: Barry Busts One
Log: Barry Greenstein goes all-in from early position for about $5,000. Players take their turns folding all the way around, seemingly afraid of Barry and his reputation for being an outstanding player. The last player to act calls immediately, putting himself all-in, and revealing pocket Kings. With a knowing nod that he's an underdog, Greenstein turns over A-K. It's the Poker Gods who give Barry the knowing nod, however, when an Ace flops, no more Kings fall, and Barry nearly doubles up.

Blinds are at 100-200 when he pushes for 5000 here. Can someone explain this huge overbet all in? Maybe he wants to get over to the Wynn or double up qucik

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy opened for 600 and had another 2000 left. Blinds were 100-200. (The only contested pot I won the whole day.)

Barry
Old 07-08-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm cooked.

I never really recovered from one tough hand: I limp with 77 from EP, intending to muck to any raise. Two limpers to LP, who min-raises to 100, and the SB and BB call. I call, as do the limpers. We go to the flop six-handed with 600 in the middle. It's a good flop for me: A 8 7 with two diamonds. Hyper-aggro LP is clearly itching to bet, so I check. He does so: 400 into a 600 pot. I make it 1200. He calls. Turn is the 2c. I check again and he bets 2000. I call. River is a horribly ugly A, no diamond, and instead of checkraising, I'm just checking. He bets 1500: just enough for me to call. He shows A8, and I lose about half my stack.

The quality of the play was poor: three guys at my table who really didn't know what they were doing. The rails are three deep and the place is chaotic. On the good side, there are scantily-clad Bodog women in every direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

. . . Is this a joke?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is the 2c. I check again and he bets 2000. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The quality of the play was poor

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the snide response, but I believed (for good reason) that he was going to bet the second-best hand on the river as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is really making me feel weird, because from the few posts of yours that I've read, I've gotten the impression that you're a good, well-respected player. But the way you played this hand and your reasons for doing so are so horrible that I want to throw up and then punch you in the face. Honestly. It's disillusioning.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:55 AM

Chris Ferguson, Erik Seidel, Ted Forrest, Josh Arieh, David Grey, Mike Sexton, and Scott Fischman have all been knocked out on Day 1.

Noteworthy chip stacks:

Lee Watkinson $143,000
Layne Flack $80,000
Greg Raymer $45,000
Dustin Neverwin Woolf $42,800
Liz Lieu $41,000
Chris Hinchcliffe $38,000
Chris The Armenian Express Grigorian $37,000
Reza Payvar $36,000
Paul Darden $33,000
John Gale $32,500
John Duthie $31,000
David Plastik $27,000
Gus Hansen $25,000

Flack is supposed to be very sick. It was reported earlier today that he tried to withdraw from the tournament.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Howard, I think I saw you (JOPKE hat, near the rail?). I didn't want to interrupt you in the middle of play. I wanted to let you know that the guy sitting next to you in the Yankees hat was a total fish. I was astounded to see him in Vegas, let alone the WSOP. Sorry to see you busted out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about the big guy, yes he was. Nice fish, but fish all the same. And don't ever worry about saying something; in fact, hit me with a "sup bro" and you're sure to get a grin.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:58 AM

The guy opened for 600 and had another 2000 left. Blinds were 100-200. (The only contested pot I won the whole day.)

BRAVO on the PLO win, and Bravo on the classy dedication to charlie T. you a good man.

i saw you tuesday and was i gonna say hello and stalk you as i promised, but you were on a beeline somewhere and were walking faster than i normally drive! knew i would catch you later.

read the tourney report nolan wrote up for the PLO. was very nice.

thx for helping all these people. it actually inspired me for the tsunami event i got together. i do alot of small private tournnaments, but that was a headache from an admin point of view. when i was ready to bag it, i remembered about people like charlie & children inc and i got a second wind.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:04 AM

Lee Watkinson $143,000

he was seat 3, i was seat 1. i stole 1 BB from him, and he reraised me on a steal the next round. he was NOT one of the 2 that got the quick 30k created by me and the 2 previous exiters at my table. he had ~$9k when i left, and i am 100% SURE that this stack of his includes my $10k.

we were at a front table that was not going to break, and i'm sure he busted the kid who busted me.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO

go lee