Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Views on Article.

excel, you are a horrible poster and you make this forum worse. That is all.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:44 AM

Move along now people, nothing to see here. There's a hand somebody needs some help with.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:41 AM

From the poker blog that makes me hate myself for having a poker blog. I enouraged him to take Diablo up on his offer.

The responses

[ QUOTE ]

Don't waste your time with a challenge like that. Either side could cheat and have a bunch of players dump money to them. Even having one person dump would make a huge difference in hourl rate over 40 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hadn't even thought of chip dumping, but the logistics of such a thing would make it impossible anyway. First of all a 40 hour period is far too small, it would have to be at least a couple hundred hours. Even over a 100 hour period my results can vary by more than $20k, so at 10 times crossbooking that would require something like 250k to be put up. Even if we did find a mutually acceptable professional escrow service I don't have that much to throw into it. Escrowing an amount equal to what may only be 1/10th of the total bet or less wouldn't be sufficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL".

This thread needs astroglide
Old 03-11-2005, 12:45 PM

this is a reply to TheMaroon's review on my guide.

the raised first in, vs a cap back to you and folding. i think this is a very easy fold especially if you're holding the lower end of your raising standards. you mention getting 5-1 odds. sure, that is your immediate odds, enough to hit your 2 cards. but it's just too likely you're still drawing dead or to dominated outs.

folding to a loose passive 3bet preflop. laughable? i think this is a very easy fold vs someone with 13/2 stats when you're holding A7. again this is the exception, not the rule and only applies to your lower raising standards vs a very tight player.

FTR has taken lots of heat before (as anyone who's read that pissing contest in OOT will see). our main page is quite outdated. so what if he only made $700 a month? he played a couple hours a week at $25NL, unlike you who probably plays 15/30 and takes $700 daily swings.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:15 PM

El Diablo--please stop stealing my fish.

TheMaroon--My offer still, 30/60+ HU. You talk a big game , but its time to play. Let us see if you have more cojones than your puppet.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: dude, get lost.

Anyone who has read excel's posts cannot be fooled into believing he is a high stakes player. Civilized men can pretend to be barbarians, but barbarians cannot pretend to be civilized men.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:32 PM

Just ignore him, excel. "El Diablo" is a troll that pops up in this forum once in a while with nothing of substance to add.