Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Before you post that hand, READ THIS

*BUMP*
Old 08-24-2005, 05:20 AM

Do yourselves a favor. Spend less time reading the forums and more time reading the 2+2 books and reviewing your hands against the advice in the books. There is way too much inanity in the forums to have to wade through...ymmv
Old 08-24-2005, 03:44 PM

Default My Thoughts

I'm pretty newb myself, I try to post only interesting hands but usually end up falling on my ass by missing something really obvious the first responder points out.

But in reading this I remembered an idea someone else had that perhaps new players who are committed to learning should 'buddy up' and exchange hands between the two of them.

Then they could import them into PT play through them all, put in notes and send them back, then if there were still contradicting view points or whatever they could then post them to the forum.

This way, if you're like me and frequently miss things that are really obvious it can be caught quickly, on top of this just having someone to shoot the [censored] with about poker and exchange ideas and goals with would in general be helpful.

I think this would provide a 'bad post buffer' to the forum and weed out a lot of them. Of course this would require a lot of work and dedication amongst the pairs.

Another, perhaps better, idea would be to simply not allow posting to the forum until said poster has over a certain number of posts (responses to other people's hands). Like 300 maybe? An added benefit to this would be it would get rid of a lot of people that aren't really dedicated to learning.

Anyways in closing, thanks to everyone here, it's because of you all and 2+2 that I can play poker slightly less miserably then I could before.

T
Old 10-11-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good work duder. This post will be bumped early and often.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Should sticky this thread