Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: looting and race...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the OPs beliefs would be different if he saw a bunch of white people riot and loot after OJ was aquitted. I know that decision pissed off a lot of white folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or when a bunch of white folk turn over cars and stuff when their favorite team wins a big game...wait a minute, I have seen a bunch of white people doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow awesome example, I didn't even think of that. case closed on this one.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Previous Racist Post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
..LaKeisha at grocery checkout..
07/01/05 08:09 AM Edit Reply Quote

this young woman did an excellent job; very quick, yet accurate..even found a 25 cent off coupon on item that i did not see...

funny; usually i actively seek other checkout people, since members of her culture tend to do things slowly and w/o regard to accuracty or completeness.

my lucky day..

think about it..

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that is racism actually. Perhaps bigotry or at the very least stereotyping but not really racism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love semantics. Bigotry vs. Racism. How do you define each word (examples of each??). FWIW, I was a customer service manager at my local supermarket, and there were plenty of upper-middle class white kids who worked as cashiers, and didn't know their ass from their elbow, either. Implying not knowing one's ass from one's elbow is based on race is asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

an example of racism would be saying "blacks should not be allowed to hold the position of check out person because they have poor attitudes and are lazy"

An example of bigotry would be saying "I don't like blacks because they have poor attitudes and are lazy"

see the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the difference, subtle as it is. My point is that having either attitude is simply wrong.. what 'bigots' are not 'racists', and vice versa?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm good for you, why are you telling me this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle down, guy. And don't nitpick as if there's some sort of vast chasm between 'bigotry' and 'racism'.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait what?

first you ask me for the an example of the differences how I define racism and bigotry, then after I provide them, you tell me you already knew but you think both is bad and now you say i'm acting as if there is some vast chasim.

dude you are the one who needs to settle down and stop being a [censored] [censored]
Old 09-01-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: looting and race...,,

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] probably the best post of this whole thread: there may actually be underlying frustration, anger, rage; and a significant number of americans feel this justifies them looting, stealing, taking...but what if no one had made the product in the first place?

who is john galt?

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is John Galt?

Certainly not you.....

Frank
Old 09-01-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looting is irrelevant when people are dieing.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thats sounds nice and all until you realize that people are always dieing and then it just looks really dumb.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Previous Racist Post

[ QUOTE ]
umm good for you, why are you telling me this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This patronization is why I got testy. Guess I just get that way when I'm speaking to someone who's rationalizing the statements of a racist........ oh I'm sorry, bigot.

Default Re: Difference Between Accurate Characterizations and Pure Name-Callin

You guys are a bit off to me. Why should people be expected not to use the term "idiot" as it is commonly used today?

In every dictionary I've found online, "A foolish or stupid person," is one of the two main definitions of the word. Let's not get so uptight as to make others use the older and more literal meaning when another definition is clearly accepted and widely used. Just because you don't use it that way doesn't mean it's not a valid usage of the word.

Default Re: Previous Racist Post..huh??. double duh..

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] first ya say it's obvious my post(s) are racist, but then ya ask me which race i am referrring to: that's the point; if you have seen; or have reports that left-handed sinhalese were primarily involved with these riots; then that's what you will think of, BECAUSE I DID NOT MENTION ANY INDIVIDUAL SPECIFIC RACE; so by your own admission; your data indicates it could possibly be many different races or cultures:

you are the one, as the reader, that assign particular race in any of these two posts; i clearly did not identify any particular race or culture: pleeze; re-read my original post of this thread; and the keisha post you cited: at no point does scalf identify any race or culture; scalf merely says; that he feels there is a cultural significant difference without naming any particular race<let me make this perfectly clear..lol..rmn..> at no point did scalf identify these hoodlums or ineeficient clerks as left-handed sinhalese; even though they are that way..

see you are putting your own predjudices in there; i never said these were left-handed sinhalese...show me where i said that..

it's true

it's your projection

ty

think about it

jmho

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow thats sounds nice and all until you realize that people are always dieing and then it just looks really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is part of the reason that we want police to spend more time hunting down a serial robber than they would hunting down a serial killer --- I mean, people are always dying anyway, right?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: looting and race...OBVIOUS..!!.again..

essentially; you disagree with me; so the rules do not apply to you; kinds what looters do; ain't it?

gl

jmho

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 AM

People who are looting are exploiting the fact that people are dying. Its a shame the authorities have to be distracted my such degenerates when it is obvious that there are more important issues...NEWS BREAK>>>>white looters just spotted on Fox News.

THis thread has become irrelevant! White people loot to!