Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: how much can you make and misc thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
El D: Can't it be statistically shown with 99% or greater confidence that most of these players are winners after 100Kish hands? If they have a winrate of around 1.5 BB/100 or so?

I don't have the formulas in front of me to do the math...

[/ QUOTE ]

You miss diablos point. There are a lot of guys - just read this forums - that are moving up very quickly. They play maybe 50K hands at each level and then got more then enough money to move up. Within a few months they are multitabling at $15/30. They can go on for a year never having a dowswing bigger then 200BB.

But then suddenly they drop 500BB and they dont understand what is happening. They start to play worse (even more aggressive in the wrong spots), they tilt, they start to feel bad both on- and offline and they have a very hard time playing their A-game.

And the main problem is that they havent played poker for long, they are decent but not very good. If they could stay focus they still could beat that $15/30, but they cant accept the fact that they will beat it for much less then they did 4 months ago.

These guys needs to get down to $5/10 and start over but they normally dont.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
60k in California is damn near poverty level.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

If only you weren't right.

[/ QUOTE ]

people say the same thing about nyc and it's ridiculous and flat out not true. as if everyone that lives in nyc makes 60k/year or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend who makes around $25k in NY as an assistant editor at a highbrow magazine. She rides her bike to work from Brooklyn (around the BAM), and has a great time all around. I also have friends who make in the $200k range and complain that they have to live hand to mouth.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Rambler Wagon. That's a rare car. People would remember selling a car like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

He never said he sold it. I heard that he gave it away after beating Caro out of his Yugo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a quote from Joe Dirt.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:50 AM

must be too low-class for this board to get
Old 04-01-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8 tabling takes some getting used to, but is definitely doable. You just have to work your way up to it like anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 6 is much better. 4 can get a little slow, but 8 is too fast. Especially SH NL.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting. i still think that one girl who plays 1-2 at commerce and plays i think about 80 hours per week is making a million a year. and she's not even particularly good.

of course my stint at higher limits showed me to be something too close to break even over maybe 300 hours so there ya go...

i wish i was good at poker. it sounds like there's a lot of money to be made. playing 40 a couple weeks ago at commerce i told a friend how much i made last year at poker when she asked and she laughed in my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some friend :P