Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Civ4 - Review & Trailer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went German for my first game. I usually go with someone industrious and scientific. (which i think was roman in civ3)

[/ QUOTE ]

Try someone spiritual (Saladin). You can easily found 3 religions and convert everyone. Makes it easier to build up your forces and crush them later [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have NO idea how religion works....

State religion, missionaries, converts, making money off it, spreading religion to your own cities, temples, mosques, all that stuff.....

Freakin
Old 10-27-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went German for my first game. I usually go with someone industrious and scientific. (which i think was roman in civ3)

[/ QUOTE ]

Try someone spiritual (Saladin). You can easily found 3 religions and convert everyone. Makes it easier to build up your forces and crush them later [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

State religion, missionaries, converts, making money off it, spreading religion to your own cities, temples, mosques, all that stuff.....

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to hate religion and magic crap in video games. Please tell me it's not a significant part of the game.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to hate religion and magic crap in video games. Please tell me it's not a significant part of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the religon does not sound like a good feature so far.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:10 PM

Difficult decision. I lost a semester to Civ:Call to Power.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not significant. It is one of several strategies that you can employ, but you will do fine if you chose to totally ignore it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically ignored it for the 4 hours i played last night. I was threatened one time to convert to taoism by the trecherous Americans, but I declined. I think it gives you specific benefits if you have different religions, and i think you get benefits from founding them. I can't really say just yet...

Freakin

[ QUOTE ]
yeah the religon does not sound like a good feature so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

if man had only figured this out a long time ago...
Old 10-27-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it gives you specific benefits if you have different religions, and i think you get benefits from founding them. I can't really say just yet...

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
The review I read on IGN specifically stated that all religions functioned exactly the same. The only difference is the name.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:24 PM

So is it the consensus that a 128 meg vid card is manditory to run this even if running it at 1024*768 on a lappy with 712megs of ram and an A64 3000+?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running it on

Asus nvidia
AMD 3500+
BFG GeForce 6800GT OC (PCI-e). Drivers are from August or so.
2GB Corsair XMS TwinX
Raptor 10k RPM HDD

I'm running it at 1920x1200, and it's flawless. It was running for about 4 hours last night without a single stutter or noticible error.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me cry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] That's such a beautiful system. I'd be surprised if it didn't run well on something like that.

I'm hoping my Athlon XP 3000, 128 meg ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, 1 gig of ram, and 7200 HD runs it well. I don't mind turning some graphic options down in most any game, though, if necessary.

I wonder -- does anyone find the music slows the game down for them at all? Often that happens in games, and you get a sudden boost by canning the music.