Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Does he have a pocket pair often enough here?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should consider moving down because I fold to the flop raise here against virtually every opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should consider moving down because I fold to the flop raise here against virtually every opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold this too. There are two left to act so it is virtually certain he has a hand he likes. I think this is a K so much of the time that calling down is -EV. The times it isn't the reverse implied odds will count against you most of the time as well.

Another big reason for calling down is that the opponent is the BB and that makes a random hand (ie. Kx) more likely than a pp IMO, though a pp would often play this way as well.

The fact he didn't 3-bet preflop also increases the chances this isn't a pp. His preflop aggression is pretty high so it isn't completely unlikely that he will 3-bet all the way down to 77.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my best advice to you would be to step down to 3/6 until you can answer these questions. either that or gimme your account name and we can have some fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:35 PM

they are possibilities but do they make up for the times that you put in 2.5 more big bets with the losing hand- your reverse implied odds are pretty bad in this situation.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they are possibilities but do they make up for the times that you put in 2.5 more big bets with the losing hand- your reverse implied odds are pretty bad in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

my wtsd is gonna approach 28 soon.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: The response to everyone that hates me.

hm im curious here because with 2 limpers and a raise in front, if sb raises im more inclined to call with 77-99 instead of 3 bet(99 is close) and I always 3 bet TT+ here. Can you explain to me why my pokerstove analysis is not suitable for this? This includes the hand range K5s-KQs, K9o-KQo, 22-99. And this is assuming he never raises with some Ax here which I personally believe can count for a few percent of the time. Against this hand range we have almost 45% equity, I just do not understand why this is not a call down.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM

K2s-K4s are not close at all for 1 bet from the BB with 3 players in already. A 30/20 player at 10/20 calls with those every time. Most would call with any suited (I would and I'm a bit tighter than 30/20).
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
K2s-K4s are not close at all for 1 bet from the BB with 3 players in already. A 30/20 player at 10/20 calls with those every time. Most would call with any suited (I would and I'm a bit tighter than 30/20).

[/ QUOTE ]

I call them all as well and I run around 23.

Krishan
Old 10-19-2005, 03:32 PM

I would always call this down. He could be making this play with 33-99 and also Ax. I think he waits until the turn with a K or 2 most of the time because he doesn't want to shut anyone out that might make a loose call. Maybe if we knew a little more about the limpers it would make this play easier. If the limpers are terrible then Villian will probably call here with a strong hand because he picks up extra flop bets.

BTW, Lmn55d handled this post with class.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Lmn55d handled this post with class.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM

Hey lmn,

interesting hand.

My gut reaction here is to call down. I like your analysis of hand-ranges, too.

I consider myself something of a LAGtard postflop, so when I play against a 30/20/2 player postflop I tend to imagine what i'd do in his shoes...I'm raising many Aces, any PP, any K here in his shoes - and I think hero's TT fare pretty well against that range.

If we cut it down to just PPs and Ks we are in a bit more trouble...as another poster mentioned the pot is pretty big which should encourage us to continue, whereas in a 3BB pot it would be a turbofold.

So, I call down here. I think it's very close, however, I'm probably mucking if an A hits and he bets anyway.

Surf