Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
So then redbird fans need to acknowledge that TLR appreciates HOU's offense, even with his ace on the mound late in the game. TLR realizes this series is a lot closer than line-makers and 2+2ers think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the royals could put up a three spot once in a while. C'mon man you can't be serious with these comments.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who knows anything about ball knows that it's not really acceptable to swing 3-0 when up by three runs, LATE IN THE GAME with your ace still on the mound.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. There is a reason a 3 run lead is still a save situation. It's because it's a close game. What you are saying is similar to saying you shouldn't steal with a three run lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then redbird fans need to acknowledge that TLR appreciates HOU's offense, even with his ace on the mound late in the game. TLR realizes this series is a lot closer than line-makers and 2+2ers think.

And I never said they can't swing 3-0, I just said it ain't gonna happen against Roger or Roy, and there is a reason for that. The hitters know it's not acceptable, and thus, they won't do it against 94 mph heat under the chin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you lie awake all night thinking of ridiculous stuff to post? It's the playoffs. If the Cards are up 10-0 in the 8th and have a runner on first who the Stros aren't holding on, I fully expect him to steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you fully don't understand the underlying strategy in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "score as many runs as possible" part?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the "an 11-run lead instead of a 10-run lead isn't worth the risk of letting Pujols/Edmonds/Walker get drilled in the hand or head."

That thing. If TLR calls for Eck to steal up 10 runs in the 8th, and Chad Qualls drills Pujols in the helmet, TLR would have a crappy series dealing with the media circus. And Pujols may be out for the series now, too.

Do you understand the basic concept of risk/reward?

Evidently not.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the royals could put up a three spot once in a while. C'mon man you can't be serious with these comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you are saying that Walker swinging 3-0 was a cheapshot by TLR? Which is it? Cheap shot? or very little confidence in his ace/pen?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you are saying that Walker swinging 3-0 was a cheapshot by TLR? Which is it? Cheap shot? or very little confidence in his ace/pen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither. It's called "you play to win the game". Is there a Herm Edwards gimmick around?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 AM

-Thread Hijack-

Last year I saw Herm Edwards in the Las Vegas airport with his wife who has probably some of the biggest fake tits I have ever seen.

Well they are right behind me in line for security and I get stopped for a lighter in my bag and so does Herm's wife because she sets off the metal detector. They use the wand and see says she has two nipple rings in setting it off, they say they need to see them (it was woman) and ask her to go to private room, she tells them she doesn't have time and turns her back to the line (towards me) and just shows the security women and me that she did in fact have two nipple rings.

Don't think Herm liked that too much.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-Thread Hijack-

Last year I saw Herm Edwards in the Las Vegas airport with his wife who has probably some of the biggest fake tits I have ever seen.

Well they are right behind me in line for security and I get stopped for a lighter in my bag and so does Herm's wife because she sets off the metal detector. They use the wand and see says she has two nipple rings in setting it off, they say they need to see them (it was woman) and ask her to go to private room, she tells them she doesn't have time and turns her back to the line (towards me) and just shows the security women and me that she did in fact have two nipple rings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! What was her ethnicity?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:13 AM

Rich, and White.

Possibly hispanic but I don't think so. Just Tan.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:15 AM

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=herm+edwards/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1236l8rt0/EXP=1129302895/*-http%3A//senkarik.com/images/herm-lia-edwards.jpg[/img]

This her?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 AM

Yeah but trust me that picture doesn't do them justice.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-Thread Hijack-

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD