Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 05:09 PM

Default How do you get on a HU table?

I played my first match today against gharp43 (which, btw, nice match - I enjoyed it immensely), and we spent a long time trying to get a HU table. We got on all the waiting lists, but there were only ever 5 tables (more tables were NOT created, despite all the others being full). Is there any chance we can campaign PS to add some (yes, I know there's no rake)?

So gharp43 finally got seated and I was next on the waiting list. We had to ask the person sitting there to leave, explaining that we were trying to get a HU match against each other. This person was kind enough to oblige us.

Is that what people are doing, or is there a better way to get a table?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: How do you get on a HU table?

FWIW, I noticed while waiting that UB looks like they also have .02/.04 HU tables. There was no one playing there at the time of our match. So I guess there's that option too, if anyone else has an account there.

If we're desparate, we could also use no-limit tables then just agree on bet-sizes. But the mis-click potential seems pretty high for that...
Old 10-03-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: MLL - Week 1 - Season Openers

You can add me to that list:
aim sn = SLAR72
Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 PM

Bottomset had also mentioned play money tables at Prima. I can't verify that the blind structure is correct (button = SB), but it's an alternative to consider, followed by the transfer of $1.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 PM

Great work dude. One of the ideas I was going to break out next week was having people's AIM names next to their SNs. Way to take care of things.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What to Expect - I will put together a website featuring up to the minute standings for the entire league as well as strength of schedule. In the weekly thread I'll also post 'news items', discussing who's hot, who's not, and anything of particular interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Quote lifted from the other thread.)

Will we see this website soon?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anything for the #1 ranked player in MLL. :flutter:

http://www.paxosmotic.com/mll/ - Just made it, nothing special yet, but I promise I'll turn it into something better. Any of our graphics wizards care to do a MLL logo?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bottomset had also mentioned play money tables at Prima. I can't verify that the blind structure is correct (button = SB), but it's an alternative to consider, followed by the transfer of $1.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is how me and him played, and I was planning to recommend it in next week's thread. As far as the $1 transfer, it's a friggin dollar. I really don't care about the money in this. My matches average about 400 hands, which puts my hourly at about $.03, so I'm definitely not playing for profit.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:17 PM

It would probably be best if all MLL info is centralized, so if you want I can PM you the updated info a little bit before you make the Week 2 thread. If so, please tell me which day I should send it to you. Or if you just want to take care of it yourself, that's fine. I'm more than willing to keep track of the AIM names to help out though.

All I've been doing is keeping a Word file, which I update when someone responds in this thread (additions are in bold so people who already added everyone from my first post can easily see new sn's).
Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM

That definitely works for me, will you send it over Saturday?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 PM

I will second this whole 'not in it for the money' notion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm solely interested in gaining HU experience so I would be willing to play with or without the threat of losing ONE WHOLE DOLLAR looming over my head. I also think that with the prestige of the MLL , there is already enough at stake without the dollar - that is, I think we can all suspend our disbelief and play like it's for real.

And, as Paxosmotic pointed out, I think that +1 or -1 isn't going to affect anyone's winrate.