Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: 14 more marines dead ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now I don't know for sure they'd still be alive if I had put up the fence, but I sure as hell was wrong to completely ignore the advice because I was afraid of the cost and the planning necessary to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, my point was that you can air grievances about the Bush admin's war planning without dragging dead soldiers out to do it. The reason you, niss, and others use soldiers this way is because it's more sensational. I think it's disrespectful and disgusting, and I'm sure that most if not all of the families of these deceased men would agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous, as are your other posts. The reason dead soldiers are mentioned is because they are a direct result of the administration's failures relative to this war. Period.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
niss's posts are fairly typical of many liberals. Voters understand that many liberals have only a phony concern for our armed forces and our fight against terrorism around the world.

It is why we can reject phony "war heroes" like John Kerry and the Democrat marine who just lost in the Ohio special election. They are not really behind our troops, and so we reject them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny is that it is posters like you that complain about politicizing the issue, yet it is YOU, Felix, and Fishooks, the three Michael Savage wannabees, that immediately peppered your posts with "liberal" this and "liberal" that. Nowhere did anyone else ever call this issue a "liberal", "conservative", "Republican", or "Democrat" issue. YOU did. So if you really don't want to politicize, then heed your own advice and knock it off.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:07 PM

Last time Iooked Bush is Republican and a conservative. That name keeps getting braught up.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:16 PM

That does not mean that other posters think that ALL republicans or ALL conservatives are to blame for problems that we put on Bush.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: I Second

Some sites to learn about the State Dept.'s "Future of Iraq" project and the administration's rejection of it:

http://web.mit.edu/ssp/fall04/patterson.htm
“The White House needed to buy into planning, which it did not.”

http://www.freep.com/news/nw/iraq12_20030712.htm
“The Pentagon group insisted their way would transform Iraq into an ally of Israel, remove a potential threat to the Persian Gulf oil trade and encircle Iran with U.S. allies.
The problem was that the State Department and CIA thought their vision was badly flawed and impractical, so the Pentagon planners simply excluded them and other rivals from involvement.”
Old 08-05-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: I Second

cool I'll take a look at them tomorrow
Old 08-05-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: For or Against Republican School Voucher Program...

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not at my computer all the time (dinner then gym). I'll put down 100 dollars no more (I'm 18 and dont have a ton of money). If anyone wants in its 100 dollars even. The odds of the bet will be determined by how much money is on each side. If 10 people are betting against me the odds are 10-1 on your money. Since from what I hear online IQ tests suck, I know I took one about 7 years back, if I can find that I can fax and scan it. Bets will be made by neteller. Are those terms good? I'm open to suggestions on a way to get a good IQ test, that can't be retaken over and over. Or maybe you can find a score you allready have. I don't know how this part will work but I bet someone can think of a good idea.

Also cardcounter0 could you post your name, all IQ tests certificates have names on them. If we go with the method of scanning IQ test certificates then I would like to know your name now just incase someone tries to use someone elses IQ test. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

18 years old and a real expert.....

I get depressed when I see someone so young, with virtually no real-world experience in these matters, post as if they're so sure that they are absolutely right.

...Tell you what you should do. Enlist in the Marines, go through basic training, and then volunteer for combat duty in Iraq.

Serve a tour in a war zone. Then, come back and tell us what you learned.

Until then, quite frankly, you don't have a clue about the things that you are discussing with such apparent ignorant arrogance.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you make a fool of yourself by putting it out for others to see.

18 years old with almost 1000 posts on a poker forum.....grow up and put your ass on the line......put your money where your mouth is, or else you don't have a leg to stand on.......
Old 08-05-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Andy your wasting your efforts, and so is anyone else trying to budge characters like FishHooks or BrokenGlassCan off of their belief that the Bush administration can do no wrong.

Any article, no matter how cogent and well researched and independently sourced, that attacks the administration's decisions will be dismissed as 'liberal and biased.'

If W himself stood before them and admitted he and other top officials of his administration had decided to 'do' Iraq right after 9/11, evidence of a connection or no evidence, they would say a liberal must have spiked their water with a hallucinatory drug, and it wasn't really Bush at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

To reason with a man, one must presume that he is both rational and honest. I am convinced that these presumptions simply do not hold for most of today's Republican apologists.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy & Quads.....In total agreement with both of you surrounding this. To be honest, I've lately stopped reading this forum because some of the simplistic, love-it-or-leave it BS that gets posted here by the same group of simpletons does nothing more than depress me.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Allright eveyone stop posting, apparently you have to be in the military to post on this forum.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Allright eveyone stop posting, apparently you have to be in the military to post on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

....uh, no. That is not the qualification.

The qualification is that you have to THINK before you speak....

Your response clearly illustrates your lack of same..........