Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 AM

Default At what point......

.....are we just going to start ignoring this obvious trool? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Well sekrah?

Nah I'll pass..

Again, It'll take me a year to get that many hours, and I goto AC for pleasure and fun.. I don't need complete strangers counting out my chip stacks everytime I'm ready to move to another table.

If they want to come and sit with me and just enjoy a game of cards and friendly banter that's fine with me.. They can come back on here report then how much money I won or lost so you can get the cheap thrill you are looking for out of this.

Other than both of us sitting at the same table and colliding, there's nothing else that could peak my enjoyment/entertainment value to make it worthwhile to arrange all of this nonsense.

Hmm.. How about this.. We both go at the same time,.. You play the limit that you enjoy, I'll play the limit that I enjoy, and we'll add up our BB's.. Obviously, it's not the same level of play.. You'll have more quality opponents than myself.

I'll spot you 1/2 BB an hour.

We'll have our 60 hour match, (3 trips, 20 hours).. we'll play at different tables, our own limits, whoever has won the most BB (with you getting 1/2 BB an hour), wins the bet.

I can't say for sure I can consistantly win at 4.5/BB an hour. I haven't said I could (If I did it was probably just to get under your skin). I CAN say for sure that over the past year, this is what I've averaged in my last 70-80 hours of play.

Could it be variance? Sure I've acknowledged that.

This entire argument has ensued from a disagreement over a subjective decision in low limit.

You claim I'm a poor player for making such a horrible laydown.

The only way to settle who the better player is, is to put BB v BB.. You play your limits, I'll play my limits.. We'll both be there so we can both verify the progress of each other. I'll spot you .5 BB/hr for quality of table difference. Hell.. If you want a full BB/hr, I'll give you that!

That's a wager I'll take.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:17 AM

I'll add.. if you think you can do 2 BB/hr over 60 hours, then you should have no problems disposing me if you don't think I can put up 3 BB!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, It'll take me a year to get that many hours, and I goto AC for pleasure and fun.. I don't need complete strangers counting out my chip stacks every time I'm ready to move to another table.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have complete strangers counting your chip stacks already, I eyeball all of my opponents when I sit down at a table, a 2+2er can do the same. You could just walk over to the official reporter for the day to show him your stack before you cash out. I think your excuse is a complete and total cop out. VERY lame.

Sfers challenge wasn't to see who had the biggest BB/hour, he has nothing to prove about his own personal win rate. It was to prove that your BB/hour claims are false, so new players don't have unrealistic expectations. Win rate discussions have been on 2+2, and within 2+2 books for a long time. Your hourly claims are unsustainable by anyone in the long run. And thats a fact.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 AM

You just don't get it.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, It'll take me a year to get that many hours...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made it clear why this doesn't matter. You're playing anyway. The wager is just a chance to win $500 on top.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't need complete strangers counting out my chip stacks everytime I'm ready to move to another table.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't need a count except when you buy-in or cash-out. When you move tables they can just glance to look for any irregularly large change in the chips you have. Again, if you PMed me, I wouldn't have to embarrass you with something so obvious in front of the entire forum.

[ QUOTE ]
If they want to come and sit with me and just enjoy a game of cards and friendly banter that's fine with me.. They can come back on here report then how much money I won or lost so you can get the cheap thrill you are looking for out of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking for a cheap thrill of beating you. Again, I've made that clear. I just want to point out that you're not a 4-5 BB/hr winner.

[ QUOTE ]
Other than both of us sitting at the same table and colliding, there's nothing else that could peak my enjoyment/entertainment value to make it worthwhile to arrange all of this nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it's "pique" not "peak." Second, as is clear from your tipping thread, you apparently only care about money. My wager gives you any easy way to make $5 more an hour for nearly zero additional effort.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't say for sure I can consistantly win at 4.5/BB an hour. I haven't said I could (If I did it was probably just to get under your skin). I CAN say for sure that over the past year, this is what I've averaged in my last 70-80 hours of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did say it. That must have hurt to write. A lot.

[ QUOTE ]
This entire argument has ensued from a disagreement over a subjective decision in low limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the chronology of the thread again. Also, read the chronology of the retarded tipping thread you started. It's pretty clear that all I'm doing is calling you out for either making absurd claims or for being a cheap bastard.

[ QUOTE ]
You claim I'm a poor player for making such a horrible laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I said that laydown demonstrates you are not a 4/5 BB/hr winner.

[ QUOTE ]
The only way to settle who the better player is, is to put BB v BB.. You play your limits, I'll play my limits.. We'll both be there so we can both verify the progress of each other. I'll spot you .5 BB/hr for quality of table difference. Hell.. If you want a full BB/hr, I'll give you that!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was never about this. You couldn't come up with the money to make it interesting to me to have a peen waving contest with you. Not to mention the fact that 20/40 and 40/80 are substantially more difficult than 2/4 and 3/6. The wager was entirely about demonstrating that you exaggerate your claims of winning over a sustainable length of time. I keep saying this. You keep trying to squirm out. It's pretty fun.

[ QUOTE ]
Nah I'll pass..

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocking.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 AM

And if you were at my table, and started counting out my stack in the middle of a hand, I would grab your fingers and break them in half.

sfer acknowledges his BB rate is 2.8/hr, but he's running good, so let's say it's 2/hr.. I'm spotting him 1 BB.. and the bet was over or under 3 BB/hr. I'll still need to have more than 3 BB an hour to win the bet.

We will both be there in the same room, with the same amount of extra pressure on both of us.

Over 60 hours, we should be fairly close to our true BB/hr rate? should we not? Or do you want to make it 5 trips, 100 hours? or more? Whatever you want.

My qualifications to this wager is that sfer is in the room playing, and his results will stand vs mine!

Other than that, Stop wasting my time.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THIS is funny.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:42 AM

It's pretty clear sfer doesn't want to be there when I'm there and he's pretty much being a coward.

That's what's funny.

I've offered a realistic compromise wager that he's repeatedly refused to take for whatever reason.

If I'm passing up all these +EV situations like he claims, then he should have no problem winning an extra $100 while playing his 40-80 game.. He wouldn't even need to think about it except collect at the end of the final hour.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 AM

lol - what a fun thread - sfer, perhaps you've realized by now this is a troll?? please people, stop letting this thread make the first page!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM

And, once again you've pretty much missed the point. The point is proving you wrong, which he has methodically done. THe point was not seeing if Sfer's winrate is higher than yours -1 in a completely different game.

The other thing is $100 is pretty much meaningless to SFer. He's not going to inconvenience himself by showing up when you do to earn one big bet. However, $500 is very meaningful to you, which is why if you had any confidence in your claims anymore, you'd take the wager.