Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Was Stu Ungar really a great poker player?

Sounds fun. For some reason, though, hearing about laydowns like this always makes me think of the furcoat dilemma.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:44 AM

While i agree many kiss Paul's butt on here. And that many don't care what comes out his mouth it must be right mentality. But you are going to far to the other side. Paul is entitled to his opinion too just as you and i are. Although he comes off like he's looking for a fight everytime he comes on here in his tone. He comes off angry and a bit arrogant. But i think he is fair and usually makes good points in discussions here. And probably a pretty smart guy.

So while some are way to far kissing his butt. You are too far to the other side as well. Let the guy state his opinions. Why does he have to provide proof to question the ability of stuey? The whole world says he's great. Where is your proof?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I love the way how stupid donks love to insult pros just to troll them away, I have the slight feeling that PP is not jealous of Stu Ungar, just my $0,02.
to the two idiots: I know it feels great to challenge a pro from the safety of internet protection but hey, plz stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

u talking to me mang????
Old 07-05-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I love the way how stupid donks love to insult pros just to troll them away, I have the slight feeling that PP is not jealous of Stu Ungar, just my $0,02.
to the two idiots: I know it feels great to challenge a pro from the safety of internet protection but hey, plz stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know you ain't talking to me mang, cuz we've never met.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Thread Recap for latecomers

Let's see, for those tuning in, and can't afford the 15 minutes I just spent, I'll share what I have learned...

1. Stu Ungar either was either the best, really good, or kind of good at poker.

2. Paul Phillips does not respect Monmouth University, but possibly because he could not get a marketing degree there.

3. I would have loved to bump into Stu Ungar on a miniature golf course when I was 12...I think I could have easily quadrupled my allowance.

4. I have a very good book in front of me about apes, and yet I chose to read this entire thread. My guidance counselor was right, I am mentally undisciplined.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry G has talked about Stuey's amazing reads and how there are no 'amazing fold' stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't jibe - if you have amazing hand-reading capabilities, you'd be making great laydowns all the time.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: His WSOP feats - not that great he beat 73 and 75 players in 80,81

Not trying to be and ad here but pick up "One of a Kind" Stu's auto if you want to know what he did. Really he was a great cash player when he was really playing and not coked up. As for toruneys he has a more impressive win percentage than anyone at any sport (Tiger, Williams sisters, any poker player) He was a phenom but in the end like Fisher he let other things get in the way of him. As brilliant as he was at poker in terms of skill he lacked business sense and thats why he died broke. But again it wasnt his talent that did him in he was one of the best if not the best.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:07 PM

Oh, ok I'll ask...what is that? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 12:08 PM

Uh oh, I sense a "captain obvious" reply coming... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 12:15 PM

Caption:

"PP hits Rock Bottom, Defended By Smoothcall--'Hey, the Guy is Entitled to State His Opinions' (film at 11)"